Discussion on Faction Forum Rules

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    To keep the Faction Forum Rules post clean for rule change posts, this is where discussion about the new changes can be discussed. We appreciate your feedback and please keep the discussion civil.

We decided that the best way to decrease problems from the faction forum, was to create specific rules and permissions. The main goal of these changes is to increase moderation efficiency in this area and subsequently decrease activity that negatively affects our users. We didn't want to ban specific activities outright, as we can understand that some users enjoy and benefit from them. So, we've created a system where users get to choose what they tolerate in their own threads and opt out of specific activities. There may be some flaws to this new system, which is to be expected, but hopefully we can perfect it. Feel free to post any suggestions or concerns you may have.

This thread is subject to change in the future, please make sure to watch out for changes. We will post any changes made in a post in this thread.

The faction subforum has some specific rules which users must follow.
    • If a thread has the NP (No Politics) prefix, any posts made in that thread not directly related to recruitment or internal faction discussion among current faction members is not permitted. This will generally be considered flaming, trolling or spam, which will be determined by moderation.
    • Do not change or override a moderator's action in your own post, e.g. undeleting a post or quoting/reposting a deleted post (after it has been deleted). Doing so will result in a loss of permissions in the faction subforum and the issuing of warning points.
    • If a post violates the rules, the thread creator must report it before deleting it. (That also includes content that's against NP.)
    NB: Posts are never deleted on the forum, just hidden. Posts deleted by thread creators will be viewable by moderation and administration.

The Faction Subforum also has some extra permissions given to thread creators. Thread creators can:
    • Delete posts in their own thread.
    • View deleted posts in their own thread.
    • Undelete posts in their own thread.
    These extra permissions come with additional rules, please make sure you've read and understood the rules specific to the faction forum above.

Here's some advice, don't be a censorship warlord...

Play nice and have fun.

- SMD Administration

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Do not change or override a moderator's action in your own post, e.g. undeleting a post or quoting/reposting a deleted post (after it has been deleted)
    Will there be a way for the thread-creator to tell whether or not a moderator deleted a post after the deletion?
    Because moderators and thread owners are not the only ones who can delete posts. (for a very long time [long before the council] I had the permission to delete my own posts on the dock in every forum. It only applied to my own posts, but if I as a non-moderator and non-staff were to delete my own post[for a nonsensical reason], how can the thread owner tell who deleted the post?

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Will there be a way for the thread-creator to tell whether or not a moderator deleted a post after the deletion?
    Because moderators and thread owners are not the only ones who can delete posts. (for a very long time [long before the council] I had the permission to delete my own posts on the dock in every forum. It only applied to my own posts, but if I as a non-moderator and non-staff were to delete my own post[for a nonsensical reason], how can the thread owner tell who deleted the post?
    Because it says who deleted it.

Which reminds me, I need to add in that thread creator's are only permitted to undelete what they deleted...

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I thought that was covered by the 2nd bullet about overriding mod actions?
    I'll have to check the permissions, but I think some people can delete their own posts. Or we removed that.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't think I can delete my posts....

EDIT Yeah no...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm pretty sure I used to be able to delete my own posts. I remember being able to do so in the early days of the forums. Can't anymore, though.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    If this isn't already in place, it should alert you if a thread owner deletes one of your posts.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You only get punishments when points reach a certain threshold afaik, I've probably had over a dozen posts removed without receiving points and it hasn't had any real effect (except maybe mods looking a little harder).

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I seriously doubt you get warning points if a thread OP removes them. They can remove them for any reason they want.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    We'll only issue warning points if your post violates the rules. So just to clear that up, having your post removed from a thread by the thread owner doesn't necessarily mean you'll receive points for that post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I like these rules.

Can we utilize a "Politics" label for threads for only a minimum amount of moderation? While I don't want open flaming and degradation, I would like persons to be able to express how they feel about others actions and factions.