Discovery One (2001 A Space Odyssey) Complete

Reaction score
    Well, I guess this is the only ship that hasn't been done by someone else here on Starmade, I guess becuase it didn't have any guns on it. But we can fix that! So without further ado, I present a 1 to 1 replica of USS Discovery as seen in the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" 460 feet of awesome spaceship! This is a work in progres.

Note: Homicidal Computer NOT included.

Size Comparison with another popular ship:

The AE-35 Antena; now guaranteed not to fail, causing you to be killed by your own Computer while outside fixing it.

The Pod Bay: with Three Pods, 2 repair, 1 armed with AMC's.

A version with Turrets, for those who've forgotten to take thier stress pills... :P

"Open the Pod Bay doors Hal! Or I'll come in there and pop out your Brains!" Cmdr. David Bowman.

Update 11/08/2013

Almost done! I'll have 2 versions for download, the first will be just the stock Discovery as seen in the movie (as close as I can get, I tried acutally making the centrifige hab section, but with the Pods, there is just not enough room on the Command Module) with just enough power and eniges to move. The second will be of my personal version, armed with turrets, and optimized to actually be usefull in the game, instead of just looking great. Which it does... :)

NOTE: New screenshots taken using Kupu's 256 texture pack. I like it quite a bit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Too bad you can\'t fit a Hal 9000 into there. That aside, that ship looks fantastic!

Reaction score
    @theexplorinator

yes, your right, Discovery had 3 Pods. Unfortunately when I build a ship that actually looks like a Pod, becuase of how the docking ports work in Starmade, there is only enough room in the Command Module for 2 of them. I could just make the entire ship bigger to fit in the pods, but it\'s already over 400 meters long. :) I\'m working on how to fit 3 in, and if I can, I will.