Disabling Faction Base Indistructability

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I may be beating a dead horse here, but I'm really wondering if it is possible to, either through vanilla or plugins, remove the indestructibility from faction bases, or completely disable their creation. I would prefer to do this on a server without completely removing the faction block, or creating a new block in place of the faction block. If I did have to remove the faction block and create a new block with the same functionality without the creation of faction bases, would it be server side only, with the ability for players to use said block without having to download something client side?

Is this possible?

(For all I know it may be impossible to make new blocks at all, minecraft is something different.)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    currently as far as i know you can't stop faction home basing. maybe some one else knows how.

but a faction overhaul is planned where faction home bases will be destructible.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To disable the home protection of a station

1. chat up faction leaders.
    2. ask to join faction.
    3. become integral member of faction.
    4. become leader in faction.
    5. use leader permissions to de-faction at the faction block.
    6. destroy the beast from within.

Reaction score
    A less troll way is to set your server up like feudal Japan. The locations of Faction Homebase is public knowledge so :

Require all factions to have their invincible home-bases in a predefined area /neutral zone

(if possible use admin powers to load or teleport HQ's into as few sectors as possible and maintain a large buffer area)

the HQ should be small modest - at best the use of the Home base would be a ,

allow no defense and/or military force build up in the area,

and use godlike powers of admin-ship to delete/ destroy all offending HQ's, docked ships, turrets, and factions.

All factioned stations that remain ( Not the Public Faction Home-base) are destructible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Whats to stop someone from destroying all your stuff while you are logged out?
    Turrets, Shields, and other prevention's within the server setup to make it hard to get overpowered ship quickly.[DOUBLEPOST=1411936921,1411936370][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A less troll way is to set your server up like feudal Japan. The locations of Faction Homebase is public knowledge so :

Require all factions to have their invincible home-bases in a predefined area /neutral zone

(if possible use admin powers to load or teleport HQ's into as few sectors as possible and maintain a large buffer area)

the HQ should be small modest - at best the use of the Home base would be a ,

allow no defense and/or military force build up in the area,

and use godlike powers of admin-ship to delete/ destroy all offending HQ's, docked ships, turrets, and factions.

All factioned stations that remain ( Not the Public Faction Home-base) are destructible.

That is one way to do it that I was thinking about, however it requires and awful lot of management. I wonder if you could trick the server into thinking that the faction already has a faction base as soon as it's formed. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1411937448][/DOUBLEPOST]
    currently as far as i know you can't stop faction home basing. maybe some one else knows how.

but a faction overhaul is planned where faction home bases will be destructible.
    Thank you, do you have any idea as to when it might be on it's way?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Thank you, do you have any idea as to when it might be on it's way?
    unfortunately not for some time. Schema is currently working on the universe overhaul. then after that most likely we will get the AI overhaul. the faction overhaul will most likely come when the quest system is implemented or just after as quests will be an integral part of the new faction system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    unfortunately not for some time. Schema is currently working on the universe overhaul. then after that most likely we will get the AI overhaul. the faction overhaul will most likely come when the quest system is implemented or just after as quests will be an integral part of the new faction system

Alright, I may be able to work around it in what I want to do, or just ignore it, although it would be nice to have it gone completely. Thanks for the feedback.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    For server admins,a simple manner would be to allow a faction to have a 'beacon' just a small satellite as a home base, and then build in the sectors surrounding it so the only invulnerable thing is just a marker

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    From the dev Q&A livestream, once they get around to implementing the quest system, there will be a sort of faction points system. Each faction will have a reserve of points which they earn for completing objectives/quests and those points will be used for things like establishing an invulnerable base or attacking a home base.