Disable Pirate Spawning For X Time When Starting New Game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I understand that having pirates in the game is to make more "fun" and challangng, however when first starting out they are VERY over powered.

I would recommend disabling their spawning for the first (hour?) when a new map is created to gie player a chance to get established.

First map I played on: Killed by pirates in 2 shots BEFORE I reached my first astroid.

Second map: Killed within 10 minutes of leaving shop

Third map: Killed while mining, 20 minutes after starting

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Limits. How about one, and only one pirate is allowed to spawn when you first start the game. I just had to restart and I got jumped by about 10 different pirates right after leaving the shop. Once you kill that pirate, two pirates spawn on the next wave, then 3, then 4, and so on untl the normal wave size is reached.

Reaction score
    The game does feature a terrible start. New players are not given shield blocks , so their first ship is bound to be torn to pieces. They also start with only one ship core , so that once it\'s destroyed , they have nothing (probably no credits due to buying ship modules) to fly with.

Pirates can spawn right outside the 2/2/2 shop , and open fire the moment you leave shopping range. They are not limited in numbers ; an unlucky player could face half a dozen of them with his starting loadout.

Single player also has credit loss enabled by default , which is downright spiteful. That setting is meant for competitive PvP servers.

It\'s puzzling that those issues still haven\'t been addressed ; while advanced features for starmade regulars can wait , this unfair and frustrating game start greatly harms new player retention.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    new players should be given the possibility to reset everything they have (made), for a new small basic ship and credits. (newbe insurance, payd by the galaxy eco gigants? :)

Reaction score
    I made a turret that had 3 Amc blocks and won like 3 pirates with it.

Dont really see a problem here