dis-integrators

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does anyone have a more detailed rundown of how they work? I've done some weak testing and they seem to either ignore shields, or be ignored by shields.

Reaction score
    A single dis-integrator isn\'t going to do much on even small ships with a decent shield. Clump them together, and with a proportionally small amount you can bust through a Titan.

Course, it involves sacrificing your own ship (and likely yourself), but who cares ? You\'re the guy who bust through a Titan !

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are you sure the damage stacks? I thought it didn\'t.

Reaction score
    Making giant boxes of disintigrators doesn\'t work like it should, There seems to be a limit of how many DI\'s will go off at once.

DI\'s also deal no damage at all unless they overwhelm the shield of the struck ship entirely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'ve been messing around whit DI\'s in the hops to make a torpedo, and i have concluded two things

- smooth edges instead of boxes work better

- we need a AI cofig/block for this(ram that ship command/script).

i also have a few theory\'s on how they work, but i will need to do some further testing, before i can say anything conclusive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    According to some of the testing I have done, the damage of a Disintrgrator block depends for some reason on the velocity at impact. Lightly bumping one will do little, while slamming one at 50 will have considerably more effect, in a wider radius. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
    I was sure it was essentially the bigget the block the bigger the boom. I was planning on making torpedoes myself which I could propel with pulsators out of the docking bays. May have a bitch with that now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seem almost no one actually has read the patch notes, e.g what Bane just said about using pulsators to launch the torpedos , also someone mentioned about you would have to poilet the ship ...... you dont need todo either of these as Schema has said in the patches the torpedo is propelled by travelling in your ship at speed towards the intended target and then undock the torpedo from your ship (using \'T\' and assigning to 1 -0), i have also noticed this thread seems to be the only thread about the new Torpedos i thought the forums would be filled with ppl talking about it as its been asked for from schema for months.

Reaction score
    yeah I had made an actual railgun with a bullet-shaped hull filled with disintegraters and covered in hull except for a fuse at the front. It seems that disintegraters have to be going at insanely high speeds to explode through any sort of hull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ooh, torpedos work now? Interesting... So, it\'s now viable to save torpedo designs as ships then, to be bought from the Catalog to add to your arsenal\'s ammo.

Reaction score
    Well they work except that the AI doesn\'t want to ram the target.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    still playing around with the best pulsator array to maximize the projectile speed, but, so far, they seem to work unusually well (even imbuing the distintegrator torpedo with a nice spin effect) -- I\'ve been able to launch small torpedos about 2 km/30 secs. Granted, i turned down my space friction to about 0.03...