Dirty Crystals

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why were crystal textures changed to look like they're dirty? They look super ugly now and all of my ships use crystals. It wouldn't be so bad if lights came in wedges, however they don't so I have to use crystals in my designs.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They're "damaged" and can be fixed with a repair beam or by replacing them. Apparently the maximum HP was increased but existing crystals maintained their actual HP. I thought it was mentioned that this would be addressed in a hotfix, but maybe hasn't happened yet?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why were crystal textures changed to look like they're dirty? They look super ugly now and all of my ships use crystals. It wouldn't be so bad if lights came in wedges, however they don't so I have to use crystals in my designs.
    I couldn't resist liking your post because of the epic avatar xD. Similar thing happened to blast doors and in old versions, hazard stripe blocks (the latter got fixed, so you might not even need to replace them, just wait for a newer patch)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    As others have said, rejoice, for they have more HP now. Your aesthetic crystals are a bit more functional now. A hotfix for this should be out shortly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Phew thats good, thought I might've had to replaced the 10k+ parsen blocks all over my station :D. Thanks for the responses guys!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Phew thats good, thought I might've had to replaced the 10k+ parsen blocks all over my station :D. Thanks for the responses guys!
    hey, in my testing stuff on my ships, i've found a unique aspect of crystals. if you place a wedge over them, in ONLY that direction, it does not light. i've implemented this like so..... Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 7.06.19 AM.png
    Notice on the bottom-crystal but no light.
    Another example Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 7.22.59 PM.png

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think glowy bits are turned off when covered, even when only partially covered by a wedge, in order to save on rendering computations. This also occurs with power capacitors and thruster emission glow.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Thrusters have emissions?
    A thruster with no blocks directly behind it has a plume that increases in length as you near max speed. It's pretty small even at the biggest size, though. BearishMushroom made a shader that makes them much longer.

This has been in the game for at least two years (when I started playing), so I'm surprised you haven't noticed this in your almost-year.