Planned Directional Push computer.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    More exciting maneuvering:

Make the push-computer directional like weapon computers so that the push-modules apply force in the direction the computer is facing. [For the passive effect on the ship.]

Last edited:

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    No. In passive mode the Push-computer is currently dedicated to adding forward momentum. It ignores the facing of the computer.
    I see. I have all mine hooked up to logic so maybe thats it.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    More exciting maneuvering:

Make the push-computer directional like weapon computers so that the push-modules apply force in the direction the computer is facing. [For the passive effect on the ship.]
    Many people have wanted this for a while now. Logically, you wouldn't need a pull computer if you have a directional push computer.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Many people have wanted this for a while now. Logically, you wouldn't need a pull computer if you have a directional push computer.
    Unless you're using it as a cannon effect, as turning the computer turns the output, too. :p

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested a few times, and rightfully so!

HolyCookie , might you want to take a look at this with the counsel? ;)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Push and pull may need to remain as they are for weapon-effects.
    indeed. If we did have a directional push effect then pull would be pretty redundant, not that it was already redundant. I remember a long time ago I wanted the push effect to act like the after boosts from Armored Core:For Answer. A quick directional boost that gets you out of the way of oncoming fire but has a cool down to prevent you from spamming it.

Either way this needs to happen as push/pull are kind of dull atm. I'll submit this to the council.

Reaction score
    If push gets reconfigured to boost in any direction, that make pull function the same, but instead of adding backwards velocity, it moves velocity closer to zero (Decreases speed).

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    If push gets reconfigured to boost in any direction, that make pull function the same, but instead of adding backwards velocity, it moves velocity closer to zero (Decreases speed).
    I've always wanted a way to make a ship stop by itself in space. That could work cuz pull is somewhat redundant even now

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I've always wanted a way to make a ship stop by itself in space. That could work cuz pull is somewhat redundant even now
    Can't you just use passive explosive effect, though? =P

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    wait did that change? Doesn't that just defend against movement effects like offensive push/pull/stop?
    Doh, been a while since I've played around with explosive effect modules and I think you're probably right (rings a bell, quite loudly). It likely defends against push/pull/stop, still(?).

[TheMoreYouKnowMemeHere]

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Like an accelerate/decelerate style function?
    When I first started playing with push I actually thought the stop computer would do that. Of course it doesn't, but it was something I wished that existed at the time to.

Reaction score
    Of course, it'd have to be vastly more powerful than the default hold-to-stop button we have now, but then the booster functions of push (And presently pull) should be more powerful as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Of course, it'd have to be vastly more powerful than the default hold-to-stop button we have now, but then the booster functions of push (And presently pull) should be more powerful as well.
    +1
    I would much rather the limit on them be energy rather than having to spam massive amounts of blocks to get any decent effect.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You've submitted it, we discussed it. And in short...

The direction of the computer will affect the push direction! Check out all the details in the phabricator ticket! ⚓ T1944 Directional Defensive Push/Pull Effect
    Thats awesome :D
    Will the push be more noticeable than it is now? During tests you would have to devote a huge amount of blocks to it for any sort of noticeable push

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Thats awesome :D
    Will the push be more noticeable than it is now? During tests you would have to devote a huge amount of blocks to it for any sort of noticeable push
    Perhaps, i did suggest that it should mimic the quick boosts from Armored Core: For Answer but then again its very much in the planning stages. Im sure more details will come out as it gets put into production.