Different Weaponry, Better Fighters, and other random stuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been playing this game for a while, and looked around on the forums, and many people have been complaining about how useless smaller ships are (fighters and such). I have also noticed this, and have been thinking about different ways to make them better, without being super OP. And before you rage, I know the game is in alpha, and lots of balancing has yet to occur. These are just some ways I think it could happen.

1. Weapon Pods:

This would add an item called an Empty Pod, that you could buy in small numbers at shops, but because of how they work, its far easier to manufacture them. Basically, this block acts as a '1-time-use' device, one that you could put any different weapon block in, and have it shoot that type of weapon. The more you have in a group, the more power they store. Lets say I have a group of 3 of these Empty Pods in a row on my fighter. In each pod, I placed a basic AMC block. Now, using a Charging Station back at my faction base, I filled up the power in the group. Now, I can set the stats of the AMC. All of them. I can add as much as I want to the stats, but if I add so many that it takes more power to shoot once than that group stores, nothing happens/a warning message pops up. Now, I go into combat. Lets say the group of AMC pods hold a total of 10000 energy (all numbers in this post are arbitrary, they are just examples.) I have set the stats so each shot uses 1000 power. Thus, I get 10 shots before that group of pods is expended. To refill it, I have to go back to the faction base to recharge them before they can be fired again. The Charging Station block is the block that charges pods (and groups of pods). It acts a bit like the Powersupply Beam weapon, but it can only be placed on stations or planets. Also, to use it, you must get out of your ship and enter as you would enter a weapon computer, then aim at the pods and shoot them with it. It requires a power supply, and the more Charging Station blocks there are connected, the faster it will charge. Note that there are still normal weapon systems, and that they will still be more effective in a long fight than weapon pods. Weapon pods are designed for fighters or for capital ships that want lots of missiles. (Also, any unclaimed station has a low-quality Charging Station somewhere in it, for those who are factionless)

2. Better missiles:

Right now, missiles kinda suck. They are crap against shields, and any ship can outrun them, unless they are 1000's of blocks big. (That really doesn't sound right, if someone thinks of a better way to say it tell me) The weapon pod idea solves part of the problem, but they are still not as useful as they should be. I like the idea that instead of missiles, we get torpedoes. How they would work is there is a Torpedo computer block, then Torpedo Tube blocks. How these would work is you would build a tube of Torpedo Tube blocks, with a Torpedo Controller block at the end (different from a computer). The Torpedo controller counts all Torpedo Tubes that are touching it or another touching Tube block as connected to that controller, which would then be connected to the Computer. To fire your torpedoes, you need to either manufacture them or buy some low-quality ones in the shop. Once you have your torpedoes, (I imagine there could be many different kinds, such as EMP and armor-piercing, but that would come later) you need to open the inventory of each Torpedo Controller, and add one (or a stack) in. Now you are ready to shoot massive torpedoes! I imagine these would be used mostly by capital ships or dedicated torpedo bombers.

3. Ship classes:

Now I know that there are unofficial ship class listings everywhere, but these would be set per server. There would be an extra cfg file, where you can add ship classes based on mass. For each ship class, you can set a speed limit. This would allow you to give fighters and smaller ships a little more of an advantage in the speed department than they already have, and slow down capital ship movement, especially in combat (this is so you don't have to change sectors every 3 seconds if you don't want to). It would display the class of the ship you are in next to the mass, i.e 37 mass=Fighter. (Again, arbitrary numbers)

Thank you for bearing through my suggestions, and if you didn't:

tl;dr

missile pods, torpedoes, and ship classes/speed limits

Reaction score
    The fighter powerstorages would be neat to see ingame but I dont think it should be as complex.

Much better would be an fighter core which boosts power storage blocks insanely but makes energy generator blocks nearly useless.

Also why do you want to add torpedos? It is obvious that the missiles need and are going to be rebalanced.

The ship classes are a good Idea again.I like the unofficial Lists but I need something official to punch it in peoples faces.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Torpedos?.... Really?... And a new high upkeep complex weapon system is not for me. Ship speed thing is cool but nothin new. What I would really want to see is a somewhat boss/ storyline. Kinda like ender dragon. An alien faction with unique weapons and ships.

Reaction score
    Some words for begining

I think there\'s to small weapons from which u can choose many players want something new? Why don\'t improve something old? Classes are going to be diferently new (more job) i suggest to first before classes make more weapons. If player will have to choose which one he like or not this going to bring some ppl with they own playing model as well more options for classes, bigger cannons, more ideas and longer play (i mean more powerfull enemies and more things to discover) i have some ideas for now and i hope u\'re going to like it i\'m waiting for ideas from other players. Weapons are realy important, here are my ideas:

New weapons

1.Pulsing lasers:

-dmg: smaller then anti-matter cannons

-fire rate:bigger then anti-matter

-special: they instantly hit the target

2.Plasma cannons

-dmg:bigger then anti-matter

-fire rate: smaller then anti-matter

-special:they do extra 10%-40%dmg to shields

3.Phasers (yeah this one from Star Trek)

-dmg:bigger then Pulse lasers

-fire rate:smaller then Pulse lasers

-special:they instantly hit the target and are more accurate then Pulse lasers. they repeat every click 3 times

More ideas

-something like blocks damaging ship hulls which they going to touch but not urs(if u\'re using them)

-u can make ur laser bigger by selecting multiple outs but it going to be slower, more accurate then normal, and bigger with better damage. Balances i leave to u guys

-something like recoil for every weapon

-too many Pulse lasers are going to change into one single laser (no super speed laser spaming) dmg dealing like healing etc.

-more weapons for our little astronaut and more powerfull (like plasma bazooka or special lasers)

-big cannons: more power for smaller place (one cannon is 2x2x2 or 4x4x4)

-big thrusters: like upper

-new gunning system, more options for multiple members of crew in ship (like special things to do so it\'s going to be better then playing everyone in own ship)

-gunner cockpits

-no more offing ai on turrets when u come in because it bugs ai menu make it like this u move with a turret it off u shoot it off (if u\'re inside and ai move it or shoot it\'s still stay online)

And that\'s probably all thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like a shotgun-effect laser weapon that shoots 4-ways and also an auto pilot when you pick a sector it will fly you to it in navigation.

Reaction score
    first someone know what forum rules say

they say if there\'s already topic about think u want (u want new weapon and there\'s a weapon topic) go and write ur idea there another idiot don\'t know rules and made a new topic on first page it\'s sick

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    what about being able to shoot in another direction than forward?

i have placed weapons like the missiles in another direction than them pointung forward, why not let them shoot in the direction they are aiming?
    would be amazing with a big ship shooting a broadside at another

Reaction score
    Has anyone here played SoSE Rebellion? If you have then you know what l\'m talking about. It would be cool to make a ship resembling the Orgov. For non Sins players, the Orgov is a huge torpedo tube hooked up to thrusters made for destroying starbases, but infective against anything else.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    More wepon types and effects would really be cool and the stats shoul change depending ont size so a gun that does 1600 damgae a shot doesn\'t shoot 100 times in 5 seconds