Different ways of destroying/disabling a ship.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello,
    So today I was testing my canons on an Islanth.
    When I did a huge hole throw the ship,so I said to my self "when oxygen will be in the game and npcs they will all finish by beeing bailed out of the ship and does that don't have an oxygen mask will die".
    Then I divided the ship in half,well i said to myself okay normaly in real life it would be easyer because normamly the ship would be cut in half and half the armor and lives would be gone.So I came up with ways to destroying a ship with of need of a weapon that can do huge holes.

1.Dividing a ship.

When a a block is not connected to its core it will distash and fly out to space and you will loose armor and hp points like when you recive damage(but if you have a block ditashed to its core in build mode it will not be affected).And for ho saw star wars 3 at the begining you will know what im talking about.

2.Mass(disabling a ship(Only for planets)

So for this you already know like in real life if a planes wing get damaged from the right side,your plane will turn more to the left side because of more mass in one side.(It will force the player or npc to get out of his ship)

3.Fire(only when there is the recources for fire so oxygen etc....)

When shooting at a ship with a weapon of hight damage in a planet there will be fire in the block that were affected and half damaged.

4.Blocks that can explode in case of fire or damage.

To make it easier to be able to disable and destroy ships put blocks that can explode like power blocks or power capasitator blocks missile tube block or cannons block.

If someone has more Ideas to make it easier and more logical that ships get destroyed please feel free to post.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kookster
    Reaction score
    the thing about ur second point is ofcourse that the reason wings effect a planes turing speed is they create an aerodynamic tunneling effect around the plane providing lift as well as downforce to provide stability to the plane. In outerspace (a vacuum) there is no need for those things and wings on spaceships are purely cosmetic or for atmospheric entry not for space flight ease or usability.

serge1944

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    the thing about ur second point is ofcourse that the reason wings effect a planes turing speed is they create an aerodynamic tunneling effect around the plane providing lift as well as downforce to provide stability to the plane. In outerspace (a vacuum) there is no need for those things and wings on spaceships are purely cosmetic or for atmospheric entry not for space flight ease or usability.
    This is only for planets the plane.And the game will have survival on planets,so it can be used for survival one planets.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps you may need a space-time-dynamic hull in space-age :p

Dividing was once implemented but not enabled per default because of issues with it.
    break-config setting afaik

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    "Distash"?

Secondly, the color choice for the first note is so eyebleedingly contrasting with the default forum colors on my monitor that I actually can't read what it says--maybe avoid certain colors for your headings.

The exploding blocks part seems kinda cool, would remove the need to place warhead blocks to get catastrophic failure RP effects.

I'm not sure I'm following your fire concept though--damages nearby blocks, or does it occupy a block somewhat similar to Minecraft? Would that include a need to build a fire suppression system in your ship?

I'm guessing with your second point, you mean that if the thrusters on the left quadrant of your ship are totaled, it will veer left as you fly? If so, I've been wondering about that myself.

serge1944

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Please don't critisise what my errors i am not fluent in English.
    I just want to know your opinion.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Please don't critisise what my errors i am not fluent in English.
    I just want to know your opinion.
    I gave an opinion, however I'm still at a loss as to what "distash" is mistranslated from. Detaching?

That's not a criticism, that's a statement of needing clarification.

Reaction score
    Detaching ship chunks should be restored as an option. It kind of rips me out of the immersion when the middle of a ship is gone and the winglets are still bound to the core.

Reaction score
    I think these are great ideas!

1. Parts that are broken off, I think its a awesome idea. Say when a part is severed it becomes a asteroid. Though this could result in a LOT of entities, which may cause lots of lag. Great Idea none the less.

2. Mass, Enough has been said above.

3. Fire, I think its a great idea, I actually did a post a while back for how a oxygen system could be done: http://starmadedock.net/threads/ship-station-atmosphere-aka-air-systems.20319/#post-220405

4. Explode-able systems, I also think this is another great idea, This would make it so you have to think about your structure even more. If there's something that's really explosive you might want to try to protect it more, or make it so its on the outside in a more expendable area.