Different viewpoint for Salvage/Weapon computer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there a way to be gunner on the ship, but look through different view than computers's (like Cockpit for Ship Core)? I want to keep computers inside ship so they are safe and easily accessible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that is what it is called - look under ship section in the store - basically, it lets you switch views between the main ship core and the various SD cockpits you have placed around the ship.

Unless I misunderstood your question?

Reaction score
    That worked for me, I have multiple weapons on the front of my ship with a cockpit in between each set. That way I can switch to a different view for each weapon. This is especially effective for the salvage cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How do I link SD Cockpit to Computers? For me it only works with Ship Core. But if I enter ship through Computer, I can only see computer\'s vision (left and right keys do nothing).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You cannot - so far as I know, the SD cockpits automatically link with the core, allowing you to switch between the views while in your core.

I never tried linking them with something else, to see if it were possible, but....

You could try the default \"select\" (C key) on the weapons comp, and then \"link\" (V key) on the sd cockpit, while in build mode...

Or something...