Different Types Of Ship Cores

Reaction score
    I got an ides! What if we had different ship cores, not just in color but in shape too! When you spawn into your game, you will have the basic stuff as usual. You can you go into the shop menu and buy the wedged ship core in the "ship cores" tab and it will also come in all of the hull colors. So when you build your ship, you have your ship core where ever you want. after your done building and you know where everything is supposed to be, just go add your wedged ship core if you want. Make sure to link up to original ship core by pressing "C" on the default ship core and pressing "V" on the new wedged one. Once this process is done then you just press "O" and sit on the wedged ship core. Once you do that, your flying your ship. Finally when your playing you can scroll out using "SHIFT and SCROLL" then you can see yourself flying your ship if you want. If you don't wish to do this process, then just do what you've been doing but if your like me, like and agree to this thread!!!!! :D:D;);):rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:cool:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ok, you look like you're new here, so I'm going to cut you some slack.

Ship cores are getting phased out for a new HP system, so this idea is very unlikely to be implemented. We're also getting improvements to the sitting system at some point so we can make "control chairs" and such.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations

Ship cores are getting phased out for a new HP system, so this idea is very unlikely to be implemented. We're also getting improvements to the sitting system at some point so we can make "control chairs" and such.
    Not sure if they will be phased out. The core will always be a ship component as far as I know.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really what gave you that idea? Maybe the fact that it says "New Member" under his name? :P

I heard nothing about this? Can you pop a link down so we can see?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I heard nothing about this? Can you pop a link down so we can see?
    Most things like the HP system were only really mentioned in chat or in passing on threads (mainly by players). No one knows how it is set to work besides the Devs (NDA there), so we're kinda stuck making guesses based on what was revealed.

The problem with doing anything with moving cores is that the entire ship is made of blocks placed relevant to the core (Positioned at 8, 8, 8 of chunk 0, 0, 0 iirc), and also places the turning axis's of the ship. By moving the core you basically have to move all of the other blocks relative to the core (Think like copy/pasting, which lags a little when you get into massive block placements).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    at the moment i'd like a 2x2x2 core, so you can use even-sym

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Most things like the HP system were only really mentioned in chat or in passing on threads (mainly by players). No one knows how it is set to work besides the Devs (NDA there), so we're kinda stuck making guesses based on what was revealed.

The problem with doing anything with moving cores is that the entire ship is made of blocks placed relevant to the core (Positioned at 8, 8, 8 of chunk 0, 0, 0 iirc), and also places the turning axis's of the ship. By moving the core you basically have to move all of the other blocks relative to the core (Think like copy/pasting, which lags a little when you get into massive block placements).
    I think what he REALLY wants is a sort of "Command Chair" not really a "core" XD and I have heard ideas like this, some people like it some hate it, I think it would be a touch of realize, I mean what captain visits his ship's control room on any movie/show? none, they are always in the cockpit for the action, or the bridge, never the control room! and the pilots are usually up in there with him XD so HAVING to crawl down into your core EVERY time you want to pilot your tub is a pain ;P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think what he REALLY wants is a sort of "Command Chair" not really a "core" XD and I have heard ideas like this, some people like it some hate it, I think it would be a touch of realize, I mean what captain visits his ship's control room on any movie/show? none, they are always in the cockpit for the action, or the bridge, never the control room! and the pilots are usually up in there with him XD so HAVING to crawl down into your core EVERY time you want to pilot your tub is a pain ;P
    Command chairs were confirmed by Calbiri.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    at the moment i'd like a 2x2x2 core, so you can use even-sym
    That's 8 blocks in place of one. That's a huge loss in a ship small enough to notice the half-block differential in center-of-rotation. I'd recommend using other high-priority blocks like build, faction, and permission blocks to fill in the space for a 2x2x2 "core" for a even-sym ship.

Again, this points to the need for a different way to get the center of rotation for a ship. And also an alternative way to access ship controls.