Different Station Icons

Reaction score
    I think it would help a lot if the pirate stations and Trade Guild stations had differing icons from other factions and neutral stations. It can make the map mode more helpful. Not saying it isn't, but finding Trade Guild stations or differing Trade Guild stations from Pirate stations isn't possible using the icons and I'm sure people would rather be able to look and know where to go than hover over every icon to see if it's Trade Guild, Pirate station, or neither. Giving pirate stations differing icons based on level can help too. People can prepare before going on a raid to kill one without running into one they didn't want too. Having a differing icon or player made stations would be nice too. Along with advanced shops. It would give the game some more depth in the map mode. Letting people be more accurate on where they are going.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Most stations in the game ARE player made. Also, if you are talking about on the galaxy map I do not agree, as shops are different, but you have to explore to find pirate stations, trade stations, and derelict stations. I believe you shouldn't have a map that knows everything. I believe that when in sector, the stations should have different colored indicators, but I do not believe the galaxy map should have different icons for stations unless there is a generic icon that changes to represent what you found

Reaction score
    Yes, I agree with the statement to have a neutral icon until discovered. Although, I though that would have been a no brainer. Also, I was talking about the galaxy map, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I agree ... but not 100%, the star map must hide the stations, putting all the same icon, but when you fly where they are and DISCOVER, would help much that the icon is changed, the pirate stations could be the same icon as the normal stations but in a red color, trading faction stations in blue, the players in green and decayed stations the same icon only a little dark or white ...

P.D.: all the colors are only a suggest, is only my point of view

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So yes, OP, it was not clear at first you were saying after it was explored. I agree with GalactusX that the default icon should just be tinted another color after discovery.

Reactions: leion247
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I agree ... but not 100%, the star map must hide the stations, putting all the same icon, but when you fly where they are and DISCOVER, would help much that the icon is changed, the pirate stations could be the same icon as the normal stations but in a red color, trading faction stations in blue, the players in green and decayed stations the same icon only a little dark or white ...

P.D.: all the colors are only a suggest, is only my point of view
    Love it, just perhaps entirely different icons as well... Would be prettier...