DFW_Project_Century over 2000 meter long capital ship

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    300million shields would need around 900 million(sorry it was 100million blocks using the amount perblock from 40million shields at around 3 shields per block, but by the time you get to 100million shields it will be around 1-2 perblock and slowly decreasing) shields blocks and from your dimensions you would have a maximin of 125832000 block inside it if it was a rectangle, then the power regen would need around 19million blocks and well have fun making that 10million DPS turret. apart from that sounds great can't wait too see it...somewhere, also adding 1000 turrets are docks will just lagg the hell out of everything, on my server i went up to 2500 entitys in 1 sector all active and fighting and that complete crashed the server after about 5seconds, i also tested 800entitys and well that was no fun either and lagged the whole server.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBlueThunder

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Let's give dark_J a chance, if he says he can build it that long with everything he said, good for him. But I would also like to see pictures of it even if it was just a frame of the ship. Building a 2000 meter ship is more of a punishment than it is fun to do.

"Good luck dark_J"

Reactions: generalBLT13
    Reaction score
    300million shields would need around 900 million(sorry it was 100million blocks using the amount perblock from 40million shields at around 3 shields per block, but by the time you get to 100million shields it will be around 1-2 perblock and slowly decreasing) shields blocks and from your dimensions you would have a maximin of 125832000 block inside it if it was a rectangle, then the power regen would need around 19million blocks and well have fun making that 10million DPS turret. apart from that sounds great can't wait too see it...somewhere, also adding 1000 turrets are docks will just lagg the hell out of everything, on my server i went up to 2500 entitys in 1 sector all active and fighting and that complete crashed the server after about 5seconds, i also tested 800entitys and well that was no fun either and lagged the whole server.
    meh everything about this project has changed dramatically this ship I listed has been abandon and I have created a new model for a new ship that fits my new build style and I will start working on it after I build my other ships because I plan on working up from 100m to 2k meters each ship 0-100 meters bigger than the last :).

Reactions: generalBLT13
    Reaction score
    Let's give dark_J a chance, if he says he can build it that long with everything he said, good for him. But I would also like to see pictures of it even if it was just a frame of the ship. Building a 2000 meter ship is more of a punishment than it is fun to do.

"Good luck dark_J"
    no kidding when I first came up with this ship and made the frame I was like this thing is tiny! but when I started filling it in then it becomes a nightmare and it doesn't help because every single inch of the ship is detail work... anyways once I start with a new project that is just as long but half as wide I will give information about it I just finished the frame and im dreading the detail work so I have been building tons of small ships XD.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If
    no kidding when I first came up with this ship and made the frame I was like this thing is tiny! but when I started filling it in then it becomes a nightmare and it doesn't help because every single inch of the ship is detail work... anyways once I start with a new project that is just as long but half as wide I will give information about it I just finished the frame and im dreading the detail work so I have been building tons of small ships XD.
    If you need any help on the ship designing (on paper) feel free to PM me.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    meh everything about this project has changed dramatically this ship I listed has been abandon and I have created a new model for a new ship that fits my new build style and I will start working on it after I build my other ships because I plan on working up from 100 m to 2 k meters each ship 0-100 meters bigger than the last :).
    sounds good, this way you will also have a tone more ships and when you get to the point of making the 2 km one you will have it done a lot faster.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    dark_J join us in Trace Build Server, learn new ship building styles and make new friends on the way. And I'll take screen shots of your ships too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

"Good luck dark_J"
    "more of a punishment" I can relate to that...

dark_J if you do it in increments of 200m it will take for EVER. That's going to be 4 over 1km long ships before you even start this one (ouch).

Good luck is all I can say.

Reaction score
    "more of a punishment" I can relate to that...

dark_J if you do it in increments of 200m it will take for EVER. That's going to be 4 over 1km long ships before you even start this one (ouch).

Good luck is all I can say.
    I haven't increased its size at all I just finished the hull of the new model and believe it or not but when I started the new model I planned it to be 1.2k meters long but when I finished it the model was 2k meters long...

Reaction score
    Well...seems like we're about to see some serious epicness when he's done building.
    2000m is really one hell of a caiber. I once tried to build a 2000m-ship, too but it turns out I'll merely hit 1.5km when I'm done.
    http://i.imgur.com/nWcFbAK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ot2fVnw.jpg <--- pls don't hate it just because it's a blockship :(
    great ship theres nothing wrong with block ships it actually doesn't look that blocky at all! I only don't like square ships rectangle shaped ships are fine by me :). as long as you try and make it not look that blocky its fine a good way of doing that is creating sphere shaped edges around the corners of the block shaped ship it helps a lot :D.

Reaction score
    dark_J join us in Trace Build Server, learn new ship building styles and make new friends on the way. And I'll take screen shots of your ships too.
    sure I have been considering it and is it ok if I bring a friend? he has been wanting to play starmade with me for awhile and I tried playing on the rebel alliance server but the next day I logged on my W.I.P ship was gone... so is griefing banned on the server? it would be nice to know I read about the server and there wasn't much information about it so it would really help if I had a safe place to build without my W.I.P ships getting destroyed and I would build a faction station if I had the resources to start off with :). if my friend is on today I will give it a shot but it would be helpful if you meet me at spawn you seem to a nice person so it would be helpfull if you help me get started after I get started I will pay you back everything I owe :).