DFN Antarion CA-196

Reaction score
    Which is great cause it allows so many types of ships to be created.
    agreed however his engines look a lot like modern art and I absolutely hate modern art lol its just a bunch of scribbles XD however his engines are very creative they just don't look nice :p just like modern art.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    agreed however his engines look a lot like modern art and I absolutely hate modern art lol its just a bunch of scribbles XD however his engines are very creative they just don't look nice :p just like modern art.
    I agree that modern art sucks, a lot, but I do not see how his engines look like that. I believe that he is going for a live feel, as if the ice crystals are constantly moving, as if they were flames.

Reaction score
    I agree that modern art sucks, a lot, but I do not see how his engines look like that. I believe that he is going for a live feel, as if the ice crystals are constantly moving, as if they were flames.
    you do make a good point and I can see how you think that and I must agree they do look like flames a bit :P.

Reaction score
    I now actually like the engines more than the front lol.

Reaction score
    To all of you who thing modern art looks not nice. It is not supposed to look nice, it is supposed to make you feel something.

That is why it came up when photos where invented. Now art did not have to make realistic pictures of people anymore. So the artists now painted what they were feeling.

That is why some paintings upset you, they are intended to do this. Just as a tragedy is supposed to upset you by showing something unhappy.

Reactions: Plazmatic
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    To all of you who thing modern art looks not nice. It is not supposed to look nice, it is supposed to make you feel something.

That is why it came up when photos where invented. Now art did not have to make realistic pictures of people anymore. So the artists now painted what they were feeling.

That is why some paintings upset you, they are intended to do this. Just as a tragedy is supposed to upset you by showing something unhappy.
    No sorry, random lines and spatters evoke about the same emotion for me as a preschooler's drawing, especially since both require the same skill level.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Lets get this back on topic, I love the look of the ship. It has a nice amount of detail without going overboard and those engines are stunning. The turret design is exquisite as well.

Reaction score
    No sorry, random lines and spatters evoke about the same emotion for me as a preschooler's drawing, especially since both require the same skill level.
    I somewhat agree with you.. most of this what you call "modern art" doesn't have a point, or any consistency, for me it's random senseless stuff - and to mention emotions - people have different tastes, you can't say that you're going to feel even close to what the author of the art intended, this is at least how I see it..

as for the ship engines, well let's say I wouldn't build them the way they are..
    some parts of this ship seem appealing to me (I like where you're going with the detailing on the middle section)
    but the transition to the wide back - section (as well as the shape) is too rough for my taste

Last edited: