Development flow chart (Idea)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have made several games before and have business experience so I do know what I'm talking about to a degree. Starmade has fantastic potential and is already proving its worth however it is sorely lacking many features that could take it to the next level below are my ideas for features and how critical they should be on the development plan.

rated 1-5 1 being essential and 5 being negligible

2 maneuverability: large ships are very hard to turn, something akin to real world RCS systems needs rapid implementation

1 spawn protection: spawn sectors should be safe zones where blocks can only be broken by those who place them helping to end the issue of players dismantling nearby ships at will

2 player warfare: with the Personal defense weapon added recently its opened up a field of new and exciting player vs player battle strategies and games.

1 shield re-rebalance: kudos to you for your valiant effort to get shields working together but external input may be helpful and I have several ideas. Shield strength should be tied to a ships surface-are not mass since shields only protect the surface not the volume of atoms in the space of the ship. Power usage should be scaled for area covered shield strength and shield recharge and should be configurable like weapons

2 more weapons: everyone likes guns so this should be selfexplainitory

5 mod compatability: mods are awesome but not important until the game is in a more stable build phase

3 fuels and ammo: realism is second to functionality but should not slip under radar for too long

These are just a handful of my ideas more will come later

Reaction score
    Sorry, just had an idea when reading this and wanted to add it :) with the shields being configurable as well it may be nice to be able to customise them further by making them more effective againsed different weapon types. For example. Standard shield frequencies would block X amount of damage from each weapon very balanced. but in combat if im taking a lot of AMC damage and not as much Railgun Damage For example (just to give an example of other machine gun style weapons) then i could tune it to be much more effective at blocking damage from AMC :) Just something that adds another level to gameplay and would make fleet battles a lot more fun as long as the game doesnt crash :P

Reaction score
    I like the idea of fuel. it would really cut down on the amount of huge ships flying around these days, and probably give alot more reason to go mining. maybe something to addon to it, Fuel tanks. the bigger the tank, the longer it will take to fill up, so something like 10x3x10 kind of tank would take a few hours to fill up, this would also remove the aspect of \"Oh. i lost my ship, off the the shop to get another\" then getting straight back into a battle.

Reaction score
    Spawn protection is already in the game. Look in server.cfg. You can also chmod sectors with admin commands