Developers Please Read!!!!! Performance Fix!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is inspired by a mod for minecraft, optifine. There should be an option that is in optifine for this game that would help a TON with all FPS drops. Render Only Visible Geometry. That way your pc dosen't have to load every block of a space station, only the ones on the surface layer, and only the visible ones.

This is mainly a thing for developers, not users, but i supose if you agree that this is a good idea say so :P

As far as i know coding this would be a very hard thing to do, so you may be able to talk to the developers of optifine and they would probably help you with it.

Thank you in advance, this is a amazing game!

Reaction score
    The game is in Alpha and its the most stable one most players have seen, but i geuss this would be a good idea to intergrate as in large servers i.e NASS server the lag at spawn can prevent your character from moving because of the bohemoth ships people like to show to all the new players (This is stupid and attention seaking) anyways i totally agree unfortunatly Schema has\'nt really been responding to this this section lately so i doubt he will notice but good luck. XD

-FR1ES

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get 1fps around planets and stations. so It would help me, and all of those like ame a ton.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I\'m p. sure schema\'s news post for today said that he\'d be implementing exactly this in the next update. However, I might have read it wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am not 100% sure what he means in the news, but it could be this now that i think about it. i don\'t think it is though, he seems to be changing the buffers for how quickly something renders, that or how much is visible at a time. so i\'m not sure if its the same, but it could be.

Hopefully it is and this forum is useless :P this is something that i would love to have in the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Integrated graphics doesn\'t exactly have memory per se, so anything that cuts down on memory use is big news, as it means less time spent accessing your computer\'s memory. It\'ll help if lag comes in sudden jolts. If you can\'t so much as land on a planet and get off again even on a server, even more efficient memory use won\'t help.

It\'s still good that graphics performance is increasing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It seems that the new update didn\'t do this, it did manage to make nothing render though (not pointing fingers, i have done some programing and it is a pain in the.. you know what i mean)

Reaction score
    You know it takes more processing power to determine in real time what geometry is visible, then to just render everything?
    No idea how optifine does it...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Which is why i sugested contacting the developers of optifine, it should be similar concidering both games run on java.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Calculating whether a polygon is visible or not would draw power from the CPU if I\'m not mistaken, which in turn would allow it to take some of the weight off of the graphics card.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I run on a 6 year old computer, and have 0 lag around planets, stations, and the like If you have a fps issue then I don\'t know how you have been playing games to this point, specially when a 6 year old computer is getting 120 fps at planets 150 at stations...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And i can run games like fallout NV with no problems, i am getting a new pc soon though. this would just help the people who have low end computers, and i am not the only one with this problem.