Dev -> communty interaction suggestion

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys!
    As u might see by my post counter you can consider me a new guy here. Still, i would like to suggest something i find really engaging for both the dev team and the community. Basically this suggestion could give us all a bit more feedback and hype feeling than it is at the moment and its based on Kerbal Space Program (KSP) PR. Here it goes:

On KSP forums you might find a subofrum called "The Daily Kerbal", where devs have a certain schedule of posting things. For example there is "Modding Mondays" where they pick a mod they think its worthy present it to the community for better publicty (sometimes even implmenet it into the game). Then theres is "Devnote Tuesday", where devs share a little bit (sometimes even a lot) of their work during the past week (what were the priorities, some teasers, and similar bits of info to keep the hype train running). There is a theme for every day except for Saturday and Sunday.
    Good thing about this way of communication basically some kind of organization and there is a new thread for every day, so you should be able to easily navigate through the threads. For example, last week we had Devnote Tuestays and this week as well. Those are 2 separate threads and conversations could be a lot easier to follow than when only one thread is used for all kind of news.

If you (both the community and the dev team) are interested how it looks like here is the link to that subforum:
    http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forums/70-The-Daily-Kerbal

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I remember the Devs saying something about trying a Dev-Blog not too long ago, could potentially use some of the ideas here.

The only question I have is what do we have? We don't really have mods or dev notes, only thing we got is the Community Content section with all the uploaded ships, stations, and templates. Could use that, but I feel like it would just turn into a high-light reel for the most aesthetic builders. If there was a mix, fine, but I kinda don't want to see the same 10 guys being cycled each week,

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    There are announced plans to create a community council that will share information between the devs and the players.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Vanhelzing and CyberTao have highlighted two ways we're moving towards more interaction between the dev team and community. With the dev blogs we're not scheduling a specific time or date cycle that that is released, it's more we'll release them between release announcements (and we've had quite a few recently). I'm planning for the next one to come out in a few days. Doing a daily thing would be a bit much for us at this time. I for one can attest to the difficulty of juggling everything i do outside with StarMade with everything I do here as well; so trying to then add a daily thing would be difficult, as well as we don't have as much regular changes that are occurring in the game to warrant such a regular thing.

The council again is another way we'll be connecting the dev team to the community and we'll be finalising the details for all that soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Tnx for finding time to read this guys!
    I know about both methods you are referring to (and tnx for reminding me), and i just wanted to add one more (if applicable ofc). If you think it cant work or if its too much with the current ideas its totally fine. Most important point of my opening post was pointed towards the existing models of communication between devs and community. So i hope Bench or someone else tied to the dev team visited the link i provided u with just to at least see what they are doing and how, and maybe u will like some aspects and embrace them.

Keep up the good work!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah they do a lot more smaller snippets throughout the week; while we kind of combine it all into one blog post.

Reaction score
    is it possible to do those Q&A's again? I enjoyed reading those, I was sad when they just stopped coming out.