Dev Blog : September 24th 2015

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, San Francisco is a bit far, but hitting the follow button is easy, so I'll see what you have up your sleeves. :D

Have a great show guys. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    If our last season was the ship sandbox season, our next season we're moving into you could call the RP season.
    And this explains why you are being such dicks with the version numbers and refusing to update to 0.2 ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    RP HYPE! Have been looking forward to more RP elements in StarMade. Ill keep an eye out on the stream, and have fun at TwitchCon :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    RP hype indeed. Does this mean captain's chairs? Or maybe non-block, 3D-model blocks?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm taking a break from Starmade for a month or two, but this actually looks like a pretty good time to do it. Development is slow, but will soon move into totally unexplored areas of the game. That means I skip the (very slightly) boring stage and when I return there will likely be new things for me to mess with. I look forward to seeing what the team has in store for us in the next few months and beyond.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just maybe, could you guys work on a properly functioning sound engine and sound pack next? The topic's been around for a while that sounds in the game right now are not getting the attention they deserve, as they add a real lot to the immersion factor - and yet most they aren't even there, inaudible, and we need to resort to mods if we want some ambient music in game.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Just maybe, could you guys work on a properly functioning sound engine and sound pack next? The topic's been around for a while that sounds in the game right now are not getting the attention they deserve, as they add a real lot to the immersion factor - and yet most they aren't even there, inaudible, and we need to resort to mods if we want some ambient music in game.
    Sound and graphics are both being worked on regardless of what our focus might necessarily be as they're quite distinct fields that are utilized throughout the game. Regarding news on sound specifically, maybe save those questions for any Q&As that happen during TwitchCon.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Silly question maybe, but do you guys have some sort of timetable of the broadcasts on twitch?

Greets,

Jan

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sound and graphics are both being worked on regardless of what our focus might necessarily be as they're quite distinct fields that are utilized throughout the game. Regarding news on sound specifically, maybe save those questions for any Q&As that happen during TwitchCon.
    If only I wasn't a poor-ass Eastern European college student who couldn't even afford to travel to the other side of the country, let alone buy tickets and transportation to TwitchCon :P But thanks anyway.

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wow, I am extremely disappointed with myself, I could have gone EASILY, it's like 40 minutes away from where I live! Damn, someday I'll see you guys in person *sniff*

Someday.....

Reaction score
    You will see peaks during twitchcon streams!
    Apart from the whales which I imagine might have caused quite a bandwidth peak, were there any other peaks of note during the livestreams ; ) ?
    I seriously don't have the time, will, nor stamina to sift through (as per the announcement) sixteen hours of flat footage... maybe some kind soul could edit a montage of the highlights, or post a short summary?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Apart from the whales which I imagine might have caused quite a bandwidth peak, were there any other peaks of note during the livestreams ; ) ?
    I seriously don't have the time, will, nor stamina to sift through (as per the announcement) sixteen hours of flat footage... maybe some kind soul could edit a montage of the highlights, or post a short summary?
    This is the plan.

Reactions: shadowulf