Dev Blog : October 21st 2016

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Since until a faction is observed by a player the system keeps track of that faction using numbers and different QUANTities.

I propose we refer to these as Quantum Factions.

Might be useful to have a name for factions that aren't truly generated and loaded, especially when differentiating between errors between quantum simulated npc factions and physically simulated npc factions when it comes to bug reports and other such things.
    [doublepost=1478385007,1478384794][/doublepost]
    I'd love to see some factions that pretend to be ancient stagnant empires who have great tech but they don't develop anymore. Xenophobes who want to separate from others in their utopia.
    Reminds me a lot of Stellaris.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Would prefer to see a mechanic for limiting resource intake based on how much you own like in sins of a solar empire or warcraft 3 (almost same mechanic): reduced mining effectiveness in faction territory based on total faction mass. There's a few problems with it though...

• If its based on faction value players might just move all their ships to a subfaction
    • includes idiot mass, like heavily armored or cosmetic stations penalizing pointless stuff.
    Maybe someone else has any idea how it could be made to work?

Reaction score
    I think right now you shouldnt be trying to penalize factions as its already hard enough to get players to group up. craftau server currently has 500 factions, the vast majority being 1man

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Starmade could use some factorio in it.

"Okay got my basic composite set up, and basic hull takes 3 factories making these to be combined here, and once I have that we get thrusters!"

Oh God I can already feel the hours spent making factories to "tech up" from basic armor and guns to advanced armor and effects. lets get kupu to make ALL the intermediate products! (They should also totally be place able so we have more 3d decorative blocks at the same time then. Hylat coils, fertikeen plates, a scaffold block but with 3d stuff inside of it... whew...)