Dev Blog : March 14th 2015

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Right now we have ships that can be comprised or a massive amount of weapon systems with no drawbacks.
    yup, many ships from other scifi franchises that have big battlship sized ships don't have anywhere near to the size of weapons ships in starmade have. i think there must be some drawback that forces more smaller weapons in the form of turrets or drones.

lol the weapons are so tiny in this huge ship!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    To be more precise, the firing aperture of the weapons are tiny. Who knows how much extra equipment hides behind the hull to enable those weapons to actually fire.

Reaction score
    Which reminds me... during building my carrier I was wondering if it would be possible in the future for Star Made to Add 3D props such as chairs - weapon barrels - antenna etc elements that attach to blocks.

If blocks are the main sources for surfaces and functions - could we have 3d props for aesthetics?
    I'm guessing that's a slippery slope - but it would be nice for at least interiors. - At least props for types of rooms?

To be more precise, the firing aperture of the weapons are tiny. Who knows how much extra equipment hides behind the hull to enable those weapons to actually fire.

Reaction score
    Is there any plan to buff beam weapons somewhat? Right now they really are the bad choice as weapons go. Simply because the basic 2.5km range is just too much of a negative compared to using AMCs which have double that. Beam + beam support isnt a good weapon either and aside from being cool looking (easily my favourite weapons in the game) beams really have little going for them :(

Reactions: Ithirahad

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    If you where to have the blocks flush ie no gap.
    I think that would cause a collision damage every time it is used. So if you run a server that has collision damage turned on it would brake every time. I think a gap like we have for docked entity's is a good way to go.
    Hence why we're completely reworking collision detection to be made to handle a rail system where things sit flush

Reactions: prime

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I know that this is a suggestion and not really a question (and therefore doesn't really belong here) but would it be possible to get some kind of "remote core access console" along with the combat update? It can't be that hard to code, and I feel that it would help make building a lot less annoying. Right now, there needs to be a way to get to the core... I'd much rather be piloting from the bridge unless that gets blown up.
    Hence why we're completely reworking collision detection to be made to handle a rail system where things sit flush
    Yaaay! Does this mean that docking can stop floating in the air too? Because that half-block gap keeps throwing a monkey wrench into my building ideas. (And I think that Vakna would appreciate it too. If there's no gap, then a fully modular ship and station system might be within the realm of possibility - great for Borg.)

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The programming block is the solution to all our problems. It can
    A.) Make interiors useful
    B.) Look really cool
    C.) Host of other things
    D.) Star made IN Star made.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Are there any plans to make Starmade VR compatible, with say the Oculus Rift or the new HTC Vive?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    yup, many ships from other scifi franchises that have big battlship sized ships don't have anywhere near to the size of weapons ships in starmade have. i think there must be some drawback that forces more smaller weapons in the form of turrets or drones.

does not look like a battle ship that is a luxus cruiser for tourists to cruise through the nebulas. A battle ship would have bigger guns. or it is a science vessel or whatever but why would a battleship house thousands of people if there are just 10 guns and some other stuff to look for?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want only red lights to be on when my shields go down.
    Hi. Actualy, this can already be done using the current logic system...
    (Just to avoid misunderstandings, logic blocks don't know when your shields will go down, at least for now...)
    What you need to do, is a logic circuit where you'll place an activation module behind the last hull layer, that will work as a trigger if it gets destroyed (YES, i've got the idea after i saw this video from Bench...)

I don't think this is suitable for small vessels, since the logic system i've came up with, needs at least 16 blocks just for one "trigger", and 10 more for each additional "trigger".

Last edited:
    Reactions: Blodge