1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Dev Blog : June 12th 2015

Discussion in 'Web/Community News' started by Bench, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

[​IMG]
      Have my prayers finally been answered?!

2. Megacrafter127

Except that 7 is better than 10 IMO xD
      (I actually manually obliterated the notification about that by erasing all of its files)

3. GreyKnight

You'd think the game was still under development or something.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

Why doesn't it match up with the blocks actual HP? Basic has 75, standard has 150, and advanced has 250, doesn't it?

5. Lancake

Lancake Head of Testing

Because then advanced armor is too overpowered. It makes it less punishing to use basic and standard armor. Keep in mind that the block EHP of advanced armor is still extremely high compared to the other blocks. Can't make advanced armor too special :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Zekester81

Long time listener, first time caller... lol. I have been playing around with this game since you first released it for free trial through steam. After some recent games(others), I had decided not to pay for a game until release, and it helps a lot when you're poor. However, I really like what you are doing with this. I have seen a massive transition from when I first started. Even more, I really like what's coming down the pipe yet. Starmade has just sold another copy the next time I have a little cash laying around. I'm really enjoying playing around with this game, even though I have only played it SP. Looking forward to future updates. Well done Starmade team!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

Right now it's five dollars so thats a third of the regular cost. ;)

Picked up Morrowind for five to

• Like Like x 1
    8. Valiant70

Valiant70 That crazy cyborg

That's still WAY too heavy for a block that literally does nothing.

Looks like we'll be saying goodbye to advanced hull if this stays. No one will even use it because of its horrible weight to armor ratio.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. toasts

I mostly just creatively build ships in single players, so maybe someone could fill me in on why the mass value for advanced armor is to be worried about. What exactly does mass effect? And why would I need to refit my ships?

~Toast

10. Azereiah

Azereiah Way gayer than originally thought.

Don't think so. Warheads have a tendency to nuke any blocks in their radius.

11. therimmer96

therimmer96 The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher

They can still be used as armour. Not Good, but can be used as armour.

12. Azereiah

Azereiah Way gayer than originally thought.

Advanced armor might weigh a lot, but it pretty much makes most weapons worthless until they can get through a ship's armor HP.
      Seriously, try the dev build out. It's scary how good it is, even with the mass rebalancing.

You can now actually make big, slow, tanky ships that outright refuse to die.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Lancake

Lancake Head of Testing

Advanced armor can have 4000 EHP each while standard is 1600 and basic is 300. In my eyes its mass is totally justified.

Edit: besides it's known that thrust is going to be reworked at some point, so who knows how much mass will change the core movement mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. godmars

THANK YOU. I was wondering why the ship I had been working on (and all the others) were suddenly 2x their original mass. While it does suck everyone basically has to rebuild (or replate really) their ships, Advanced Armor is insanely durable (I had a fighter effectively tanking everything ships of similar size and up could throw at it) and it makes sense to have these changes. For anyone thinking otherwise you should really check out the dev build

15. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

I have to rehull everything I have thx to this.

16. Agent_Bladelock

Sorry, I meant without me personally having to shoot the other blocks.

17. Jonnygamer

What would be cool is if we could send our designs to a file on a Merch store for Starmade and then have them 3D printed and sent to us!!
      as well as having the pistols and guns as another thing to get on the Merch store
      i would really like a reply to this because i want to see what people think of my idea. (not to be a protagonist)
      Jonnygamer

18. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

Maybe once the game hits full release. For now, just use your own printer, or contact someone to do it for you. I'm sure someone will end up doing a "get your ship printed" deal, provided Schine doesn't make it against the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1