Desync issue for MP

Reaction score
    So, ive tried everything. firewalls, ports and everything. one friend always desyncs no matter what we do, He doesnt have any packet loss or anything so i have no idea why. this only happens on starmade too...

any help?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hmm, that\'s odd.

by desync, do you mean a disconnect?

is this happening instantly or after playing for a bit?

is this also happening for him on other server?

Reaction score
    Its happening instantly. it isnt a disconnect either, as it shows up that hes connected on the server. we havent tried other servers yet.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    What do you mean by it isn\'t a disconnect exactly. Bugs like this are very hard to track down, so I need as much information as possible. What exactly is happening? Is his ping going up? Is his game freezing? Does he have issues with single player? Everything you can think of would help

Reaction score
    Everything stays the same, he doesnt freeze or crash or disconnect, and neither does his ping go up. He can play singleplayer fine, as he can play my server. its just that on my server he will see things in a different location to me

eg

. = me

* = ship

/ = air

his screen:

////.

//*//

/////

my screen:

//.//

*////

////

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    ah ok. now I understand. Sometimes the synchronization is a little off.

At the moments the positions of the objects will synchronize when the objects are moving. delayed packages could put that out of synch.

I already have a better system in mind which I soon will implement to minimize issues like that.