Destroyed blocks on ship still visible, but not really there

Reaction score
    Yesterday I was testing out a new ship, a mid-size cruiser (@120m in length), and found myself in the middle of a dozen pirate ships, several of which were considerably larger than my own ship (the server I play on has given the pirates much better firepower to bolster their challenge level! :P). After an intense exchange of AMC and missiles, my ship fell. Fortunately, I was able to recover her a short time later (plus a few bonus pirate ships! haha!).

This is the damage that I saw on MY screen. It looked bad, but not irreparable:

The bridge is located midship behind that grey bulkhead, and it appeared intact, with only the core showing damage -- missiles seemed to have breached the inner hull enough for the core to be hit.

I began to do repairs and noticed that none of the damaged blocks were actually there. Repair beams did absolutely nothing to them, and if I removed them they did not appear in my inventory. (The straight edges on the outer hull, on the left and right sides of the impact in the image, are my attempts to find where the "real" blocks began.)

A guildmate logged on at this point and this is the damage that he saw on HIS screen:

The bridge is gone, completely, with the core floating in midair. The entire midsection of the ship is more or less gone. The turrect dock that I could see is actually completely vaporized. On the plus side, my efforts with the repair beam apparently WAS repairing the blocks that really were there -- but I couldn't see that because the "ghost blocks" were in the way.

The destroyed blocks still registered as "real" on my side -- I could stand on them, jump on them, run around on them, bounce off of them, and interact with them in every normal way except salvaging or repairing them.

Relogging did not correct this display error for me. Nor did rebooting and relogging. Nor did going to a different sector for a bit and then coming back. What I see now is always what I see, and what I see is completely wrong. :(

This display error essentially makes this ship unrepairable by me without a considerable amount of additional work -- I cannot rely on what is shown to me onscreen to know which blocks need to be replaced, and which are actually there. My options are to let someone else do the work (someone who can actually see what is really there), or gut a sizeable chunk of the midship area and start fresh (so I know that what I'm seeing is really there), all to replace a small damaged section. :/

I do not know how this bug occured, nor how to replicate it at this time. It could be related to client-side data caching (perhaps the cached data files on my computer are not in sync with the real data on the server?) -- if there are any specific files I can delete to test this, just let me know :)

Reaction score
    An update: A guildmate began doing repairs and rebuilding the ship, since they could see what the ship REALLY looked like. Unfortunately, when they finished, I saw a composite of their new work mixed in with what looked like damaged blocks and the ghost images of destroyed blocks floating around all over. I had to hack through blocks that weren\'t even there just to open the door to the bridge :/ Ultimately, I asked an admin for the server to copy my ship, delete it, and then respawn it -- and that fixed ALL the graphic issues I was seeing.

The issue really seems to lie with outdated/invalid data saved on my computer regarding the status of the ship not synching/updating with the correct current data on the server, as once I had a new copy of the ship everything was correct for me.