Desolation Anarchy has returned! 100 slot 11/6

Reaction score
    Desolation Starmade is an anarchy server, you are free to raid , pillage , destroy anyone , steal from anyone, declare war on any faction.

http://oldsite.star-made.org/conten...-missionsencounters-modified-economy-modified

Server settings are currently:
    • 200 Speed
    • Newtonian Physics
    • Local Blueprints
    • blueprints can only be built with blocks
    • 100% inventory drop on death
    • Spawn area protected No RAMMING, Loitering or parking ships
    • 10km sectors
    • Warp Gates 250 and Jump Drives 25
    • 10x10x10 build mode
    • Warp Gate network
    Our basic rules are::
    • No Racism
    • No Griefing spawn
    • No PVP in spawn
    • No spamming chat
    • Respect your players (even if your destroying ships or being destroyed take it with stride)
    • Respect your admins, they are the ones providing some of the content for your adventure the quickest way to a ban is disrespecting them.
    We run a multigaming community and have recently setup a new starmade server. Fresh universe, we are looking for admins that are mature and would like to help expand our community even further.

Desolation Gaming has been around for 8 years hosting some of the most challenging minecraft, arma, rust and space engineer servers. Some may say we started "hardcore pvp" in minecraft with jail, deathban, harsh and unique world designs and settings to make the game much more challenging then the average server.

Our Starmade server is no different. We work closely to monitor and try to perfect a challenging server that people can enjoy. Desolation Starmade block outside blueprints, making ships feel important when built instead of an arcade shooter where you can just bring another ship that someone else made. If you want easy mode join one of the other 100's of servers in creative mode. If you want a challenge with quality servers/admins join Desolation.. We believe our servers speak for themselves. Come join us and find out what quality is.

Visit us @ www.DesolationGaming.net for more info

Vote for us http://starmade-servers.com/server/882/

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    You may also consider mentioning your restriction of Advanced Build Mode to 3 blocks.

That's a significant gameplay change that will, if not disclosed in the thread, cause players to leave and actively depricate your server in public.

Reaction score
    You may also consider mentioning your restriction of Advanced Build Mode to 3 blocks.

That's a significant gameplay change that will, if not disclosed in the thread, cause players to leave and actively depricate your server in public.
    Im sorry but our server isn't creative mode. That is explained in the advertisement.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Im sorry but our server isn't creative mode. That is explained in the advertisement.
    That can mean anything.
    Generally, "Creative Mode" refers to build servers, which grant all players automatic admin and access to the give block commands.

Artificial restrictions on creativity in an attempt to force players into exclusively using borg cubes seems like something that should be explicitly explained in its own bullet point.

Reactions: jorgekorke
    Reaction score
    Honestly my friend your point in arguing will not change the fact it is limited by design and option. That is the beauty of server diversity, this is Desolations version of Starmade. Like it or not, you are not required to play here.

Reaction score
    Coming from Space Engineers I can see where you are coming from. But being snippy and saying we are not creative mode is not really that mature. Maybe rather just explain the reason why and post something for future people who might want to know this.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Honestly my friend your point in arguing will not change the fact it is limited by design and option. That is the beauty of server diversity, this is Desolations version of Starmade. Like it or not, you are not required to play here.

The point I'm making is that it should be disclosed in full detail, not that it shouldn't be done.

As it stands, the advertisement on this forum is earning a negative quantity of users.

Reaction score
    Please gentlemen take the ramblings somewhere else. This is my servers thread, not a place to vent and be picky about the way I word my advertisement.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Please gentlemen take the ramblings somewhere else. This is my servers thread, not a place to vent and be picky about the way I word my advertisement.
    A server thread's job is to inform the public about a given server.
    If vital information is intentionally left out, then it is the job of the rest of the posters to make it known.

Reaction score
    Build block size to me and the others that are on the server are not vital. We quite enjoy building the way it is. IF you find it vital that is your own choosing. We do not, and it clearly states the server as it is. During our first run at hosting a server, build blocks was disabled completely. The original thread can be found linked in the advertisement. Yet if you scroll through the pages you will not see anyone harassing me about them not being listed as a feature turned off.

Once again I ask you to please take your ramblings somewhere else, you have more then enough accomplished in your own posts what you came to do.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    If you want easy mode join one of the other 100's of servers in creative mode.
    This will likely be the first and last post I will make on this thread. If anyone wants to argue with me, send me a pm.
    The only problem I see here is in this sentence. It is vague. Not the message, but the condition. What are "easy mode" and "creative mode"?
    Answer that question in the OP and everyone will be fine.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Build block size to me and the others that are on the server are not vital. We quite enjoy building the way it is. IF you find it vital that is your own choosing. We do not, and it clearly states the server as it is. During our first run at hosting a server, build blocks was disabled completely. The original thread can be found linked in the advertisement. Yet if you scroll through the pages you will not see anyone harassing me about them not being listed as a feature turned off.

Once again I ask you to please take your ramblings somewhere else, you have more then enough accomplished in your own posts what you came to do.
    This does not only impact build blocks. This impacts all construction.
    Build blocks may have been disabled, but that's different from disabling advanced build mode for ships, which is exactly what you have done.

Go, build a ship longer than 50 meters, and tell me what it feels like compared to out-of-the-box gameplay.
    High density boxdim reactors aren't made much harder to construct, but hull paneling is suddenly extraordinarily tedious, elevating any form of aesthetics from "Desirable optional feature" to "Tedious waste of time". Shield placement is more tedious. Anything that requires precise measurement is suddenly dramatically more difficult due to the restriction of a tool that's considered mandatory by players who have actually stuck with the game, rather than abandoning it at the first sight of trouble.

Reaction score
    Updated OP , warpgates/Jumpdrives adjusted to reflect sector size increase. Also Local blueprints typo fixed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Will there be a way to make homebases vulnerable ( like realisticaly) to make pvp entertaining. or like i saw on a different server where turrets were not allowed on homebases to make atacking bases more posible ?

How is economy modified?
    What about pve pirates will they be more dificult than on other servers?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Will there be a way to make homebases vulnerable ( like realisticaly) to make pvp entertaining.
    There is the setting in the server.cfg to make a faction's homebase vulnerable when the faction runs out of FP.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sure, but on most server it is set so its basicaly imposible to ru out of faction points unintentionaly.
    What im asking isif on this server its going to be set up to forvce players out of this immortal, indestructible base. else piracy is just not posible.

Reaction score
    Will there be a way to make homebases vulnerable ( like realisticaly) to make pvp entertaining. or like i saw on a different server where turrets were not allowed on homebases to make atacking bases more posible ?

What about pve pirates will they be more dificult than on other servers?
    We will be doing some tweaking with factions in the near future to make it possible to take over someones faction homebase. Currently I am getting the feel back of hosting our starmade server and am looking forward to what comes of Megacrafter127's Mod support API. As far as pirates, AI can only go so far as of now. The happy medium between giving a pirate ship tons of fire power and the pirate being a loot goblin is very fine.

Over the next few weeks we will be adding in a warpgate network, tweaking the economy, customize, customize, customize, as well as looking into that faction thing.

Good things to come. ;)