Designing Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Is there a way to build space ships without having to go into the build mode while in the ship core? I'm specifically interested in something where I can lay out all the blocks and then save it to blueprint. That way if the design isn't going as I like, I can move blocks around (including ship core), without having remove everything.

Reaction score
    As of now, there is no way to move the core once you have started your build and the core is considered the center of the ship for docking.

I wish the core could be moved afterwards but no joy =/

-Runeseer

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You used to have to use Smedit to move a core if it was placed wrong, although I'm not sure if there is a working version anymore. Your best bet is to have a creative universe with an unlimited shop and large advance build mode selection size. Parts of your ship can be copied and pasted around if they need to be moved but it is a difficult process especially with the default 10x10x10 selection size.

Save your progress often in the catalog so if you don't like the direction it's going you may just be able to load up a backup and continue on from a state you did like.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    There is unfortunately no working version of SMEdit right now. I feel your pain, it once happened to me too...

Last edited: