Design Mode for shipyards

Reaction score
    So I imagine the new shipyards will work like a docking module: you place the shipyard, and the shipyard alone can only construct ships of n*m³ size. If you want to construct bigger ships, you have to use shipyard enhancers. You then feed a blueprint to the shipyard, connect it to a storage block and your ship will get built.

I wish it would be possible to enter the shipyard like a ship core: When you are inside of the shipyard, you can modify the blueprint it has been fed or you can build a new blueprint from scratch. Also, inside of the shipyard, all blocks are available to the player, like in Minecraft's creative mode - but of course, you would still need to physically obtain these blocks, since you are only modifying a blueprint in the shipyard. But you can build that blueprint without interruptions.

Other than the time it takes to implement this feature, I don't think there are any downsides to this suggestion. What do you think?

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Pretty sure this was how they were gonna function anyway, I could be wrong but anyway, good suggestion.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't know if this was the way it was planned, but it's the way it needs to work. I suggested a mode similar to this for ship/station build mode at one point, but integrating it into shipyards makes more sense.