Read by Council Derpy Barrel Roll

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure if its broken or has been changed but barrel rolling since the last patch has been screwed up. Holding the spin keys on a ship will rotate and then spaz out and start aiming your ship in different directions from what you originally began the roll in. This seems to be caused by where the mouse is located, however I've noticed that doing the roll will also move your mouse if flying straight anyway. If this was a change then I recommend the roll needs to be changed back to remain on the ships axis regardless of where the mouse cursor is placed. If its a bug then it could do with being fixed as it makes dogfighting smaller ships a lot harder.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I noticed that also. It only seems to be a problem when doing a very fast barrel roll.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Does it have to do with center of mass?

Reaction score
    While I agree with Rimmer there on the literal nature of the name "barrel roll", I allso agree with SuperWookie that the existing Roll code needs a reverting to that in version 19488 at minimum, since the code was working "correctly" in that version.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think that it's caused by conflicting controls. The default control keybinds were changed in the last update, so it probably caused a bug to occur.

Reaction score
    Hmm. Quite possible.
    I'll have to poke around in the files, see it I can find what's conflicting.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is a bug, the ship seems to want to roll in relation to the mouse not the direction the ship is facing. I rolled a stationary ship and had no problems. The second I try to turn while rotating and it all goes haywire.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Something went fucky with the calculations for rolling, this is a known and reported bug, and has been around since the thruster update.