Derikai Shiplines

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    (lets try this again)

Hello this is Derikai and I'm here to introduce you to My Strikers all of them are fast and made to be atleast somewhat agile and take a few hits when passing by. Sadly because of the recent updates they have outdated weapons and shields so for now I just want to show my current line for design ideas and how to improve on some of them (don't mention wedging because I though a few of them need it). When able I'll add new ships to this line as well as all the ships share a similar design blueprint. All these ships were tested and have their data recorded.

DSF-01 Molten Ice
    Molten ice profile shot.png

This ship is named this because of how I placed the lava and Ice (it was the only name that came to mind with this ship). This ship is a prototype Assualt Titan fighter (Large Fighters), which was instantly phased out by its sister ship, DSF-02, which phases it out in everyway expect core protection.

Mass: 210
    L/H/W: 32/11/27
    Power capacity/regen: 160296/9800
    Thrust:509
    Turning speed: X-1.7,Y-2.8, Z-1.6
    Shields: 14372

http://starmadedock.net/content/dsf-01-molten-ice.861/

DSF-02 Liger
    strike liger (profile shot).png

This is one of my favorite ships and one of my first true ships its very quick and still can hold its own against larger ships and similarly sized ships when it was still good it could run circles around similar sized ships and tear them down (in theory) and could take on Pirate stations with no trouble even if default pirates attacked it and the user had an extremely laggy computer resulting in cosmetic damage at most times. This ship is here for those who think they can upgrade it for current starmade its a reliable ship.

Ship stats:

Mass:314
    L/H/W:44/13/33
    Power:121122/ 27291 regen.
    thrust:423
    Turning speed: X-1.5, Y-2.3, Z-1.4
    Shields:16283

http://starmadedock.net/content/dks-02-liger.854/

DKS-03 Blizzard
    Blizzard (profile shot).png

This is the third ship of my Strike force line of ships. It is designed as a quick bomber though because of the updates (and a somewhat bad door design) its in need of a refit but can still make a nice Bomber. Its name comes from its white hull.

Mass:240

L/H/W:30m/15m/23m

Power capacity/ power regen: 193,285/ 70835 /s

Thrust:480

Turning speed: X:1.8, Y:2.3, Z:1.6

http://starmadedock.net/content/dsf-03-blizzard.858/

DSF-04 Flame Falcon
    Flame Falcon profile shot.png

It was a ship which shape was inspired by the Defiant and Millennium Falcon and was built to combat my Liger class Assault Strike ship when the pirates was using clones of the ship to terrorize me. The Flame Falcon is designed to tank hits better then my other strike ships and being able to keep up with them and fire deadlier shots from its weapons systems compared to my Assault Striker.
    (Please note that an error happened and part of the ship's detail is missing...nothing major but something thats noticeable)

Mass: 981
    L-48 H-15 W-35
    Power capacity/regen- 764941/70835
    Thrust:787
    Turning Speed: 1.2 X, 1.4 y, 1.1 Z
    Shields capacity:36595

http://starmadedock.net/content/dks-04-flame-falcon.853/

DSF-05 Red Hornet
    Red hornet Profile shot.png

This Interceptor Fighter is made to buzz around bomber sized ships and keep up with them without taking too much damage. Its armed with simple weapons.

M:95

L/W/H:21/9/21

Power capacity/power regen: 60045/16416

Thrust:201

Turning speed: X-2.1, Y-3.4, Z-2.1

Shields: 55

http://starmadedock.net/content/dsf-05-red-hornet.859/

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    These are all quite rudimentary designs with (at least what seems to me) a lot of basis on the original Isanth.

To improve these designs, you may want to take some inspiration from other builds or maybe other games.
    For instance, I built every fighter (to more or less scale) from a top-down strategy game who's name I can no longer recall (speaking of which, maybe I could refit them for use in my new ship).

Another "issue" with your builds, if you will, is a lack of colour co-ordination. What I would advise is to use one matte colour, then add patterning in another, with lava/ice/crystals reserved for minor detailing. This, along with the aforementioned wedging would much assist in aesthetics.

More on weapon/systems once I DL and test them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think the colors and shapes are good, but the complete lack of wedges makes the ships look very boxy. Regardless, they look aight. Props.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    @cptkickercutleg-
    As mentioned above these ships are old and Im in the process of upgrading one of them and yeah I was trying out things with those ships...there's also two ships that aren't up there that I wish I could find but are lost sadly and the flame falcon was a failed attempt to rebuild that ship though honestly that and the hornet are my best designed ones at the moment but thx for the feedback. Also I know the weapons are outdated its a notice on the page...if its not Ill place it up there.

RoosterTheRed - yeah back when I built them they were built without wedges because of a glitch I would encounter that would make all blocks invisible

but thank ya'll for the feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    *Update* I recently removed the protective layer of my Red Hornet and Liger and now in the process of redoing the systems in the ships and hopefully the lasers work again so I can use them on the Hornet.

Liger Undercarriage(top).png

The Liger is gonna take more aspects from a
    BTL-B Y-wing

640px-BTL-BYwing-SWE.jpg

The hornet on the other hand..besides giving it stinger like bits on it I'm not sure .

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was debating on adding my earlier attempts at refitting my liger because all three of them have flaws some of them making them less reliable then the original, but now after I finish with the current update of the Liger I'll release the Liger-B, C, and D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Current update the nacelle design is completed just only needs detail and a blue coating

Engine back comparison.png

though it would be better if I used a different color then blue for the exhaust

core room with caution strips.png

I also partially detail the interior now I just need to make the computer walls

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    because of some issues Im gonna have to cancel my liger refit for a while and focus on my new small test fighter and building some new fighters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ...on second though I realized what my problem was Ill still work on refitting the ship but new test ships will be the real focus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Im gonna send some pictures of three of my ships currently in development know as Test Craft-Fighter-01 (TC-F-01) and Test Craft-Cargo- 01 and 02 (TC-C-01/02) and with that Im going back into studying the Zoids CAS systems and make a starmade equal to that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well I'm cancelling my liger project of above and starting a new one mainly because I found one of my older upgrades that's superior to it in look and design

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Some profile shots of my Liger Mk 3 and 4 (don't ask about Mk2 since I can't find it at the moment and these two are also superior to it)

DSF-02-Liger Mk 3  and 4 (side).png DSF-02-Liger Mk 3  and 4 (top).png Liger mk 3 (front).png Liger mk 3 and 4(rear).png Liger mk 4 (front).png

Liger mk 3 (front).png

This is the liger Mk3 and its link

http://starmadedock.net/content/liger-class-assualt-ship.807/

This ship was my second attempt at building a ship that looked better than the original liger while not having to alter the ship's design every few minutes when it was nearly done (ironic isn't it) and though its profile is exactly something you could look at its a decently designed ship.

Ship stats:

Mass:1665

Length: 63
    height: 23
    Width:65

Power Capacity:1022344.9(at this point the ship's power fluctuates at near max power never truely drops by much but is something I'm going to have a look into)

Power Regen: 57518.8/sec

Turning speed: 1.1 on X and Z axises , 1.3 on Y-axis

Shields:673359 (the recharge hasn't been added yet to the ship)

(at this current moment I'm having issues with the pictures so they will be coming as soon as possible)

weapons(outdated): 2 d-1000 and Amc scatter cannons and 2 kb scatter missile

and the mk 4-

Liger mk 4 (front).png

My final attempt at upgrading the Liger before I left the game for a while and after I built the Flame Falcon. Its design is the best of my looking of my ships and the most efficient I believe.
    It has 3 10 block cannon arrays , one on each nacelle and another on the ship's nose cone and 2 sets of 3 interlinking old model scattershot homing missiles .

Mass to thrust ratio: 1059m/1172 T
    L/W/H:58,17,47
    Power/regen:248781/65183
    Shield capacity:76353

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Im gonna take a break for a small while to try and design premade parts so I can make working ships faster and refit my ships better

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like to apologize for my inactivity I've been having issues with my starmade if I can't getting working decently I may just wait until I gain a new laptop but instead I might post for a while on this page concept ideas and would enjoy any critiques and constructive criticism towards my ships in the flaws of their designs...besides wedges...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    well Im back and currently making modules will add to my item list when I made all the modules and probably after that I'll show the new ship I plau on building using the modules

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Use wedges man, makes everything look better (also, i got to ask: are you really 24?)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Use wedges man, makes everything look better (also, i got to ask: are you really 24?)
    Yes dude I am and if you read,you would have seen me state not to point that topic out since I know that as ive been following mushroom fleet since I first learned about this game (which was when they only had 30 or so videos out) . These ships are old...but still relatively good looking ships which is the reason I posted them up here...I don't mind criticism and I attempted to auto wedge the Mk1 liger back when it was first finished but it looks a little weird...and there's the fact that then they were made back when i was having issues with wedges turning the ship invisible,which no longer happens but now I have issues with my laptop (my own fault so my own problem).