Derelict stations

Reaction score
    I'm very new to the game. I google a lot of things but most of the information I find is for earlier versions and out of date.
    I found a derelict Station and I wish to modify it. Is this as easy a laying down a block? I have put a faction block in it and made it the faction home base.
    It's fairly cool and I would love to add things like weapons and a factory level. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'm very new to the game. I google a lot of things but most of the information I find is for earlier versions and out of date.
    I found a derelict Station and I wish to modify it. Is this as easy a laying down a block? I have put a faction block in it and made it the faction home base.
    It's fairly cool and I would love to add things like weapons and a factory level. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Yes, it is as simple as placing blocks on it. However, if the station has the "scrap" flag, removing any blocks from it just yields scrap. You can remove it by pressing 'M' while looking at a block of the station while within astronaut mode.(the block in question should be within the build/mining range)

Reaction score
    Well I can't seem to get into build mode. I guess I'll have to keep looking for it. Thank you for the help!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As of vers 0.1687 Derelict station blocks can only be salvaged for scrap. Any blocks you place on a derelict will also become scrap on removal. You can repair and take ownership of a derelict station by looking at a station block and pressing "M". The derelict stations normally cost several millions of credits to repair. Once repaired the station blocks acts as normal blocks.

Last edited:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This is the same for Pirate stations when they have their faction module destroyed. I usually repair derelict stations with credits, since I've got billions, and get the blocks to continue the expansion of my own station.

Reaction score
    This is the same for Pirate stations when they have their faction module destroyed. I usually repair derelict stations with credits, since I've got billions, and get the blocks to continue the expansion of my own station.
    If a Pirate station turns to scrap when you destroy there faction module, then what is the point of going after them?
    I thought they would be the same as taking out a pirate fighter. Kill the core harvest the ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If a Pirate station turns to scrap when you destroy there faction module, then what is the point of going after them?
    I thought they would be the same as taking out a pirate fighter. Kill the core harvest the ship.
    The behavior you describe was the old game mechanic and is highly exploitable. Essentially you kill one station and are Space Rich.

Reaction score
    I think its acceptable to have a Derelict station be scrap when you find a random one in space but if I build my way up to take out a pirate station there should be more to it than a pile of scrap. I should be able to salvage working components and parts, after all it was just occupied by pirates that were maintaining it until I killed them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think its acceptable to have a Derelict station be scrap when you find a random one in space but if I build my way up to take out a pirate station there should be more to it than a pile of scrap. I should be able to salvage working components and parts, after all it was just occupied by pirates that were maintaining it until I killed them.
    Agree. The reward for taking out a station is supposed to be the loot crates that are/were present on the original pirate stations. Unfortunately the community stations don't have loot, even though some of them do have loot vaults built into them.

Reaction score
    Do you know if that is a setting or feature that can be added in config or files?
    Agree. The reward for taking out a station is supposed to be the loot crates that are/were present on the original pirate stations. Unfortunately the community stations don't have loot, even though some of them do have loot vaults built into them.
    DO you know if this is a feature or something that can be enabled in settings or config?

Reaction score
    this brings up the need for blueprints to also save what loot is in any cargo containers. so stations could have predetermined loot, and construction ships could have preset cargo loaded for future construction projects. this would also probably need blueprints able to spawn without "all" the blocks required. i.e. if playing w/o admin commands, you could buy a blueprint and (as long as you had at least a required % of the total mass, and necessary systems like ship core, thrusters, reactors) spawn it as an incomplete ship. then later finish it up and fill it with all the cargo requested by blueprint by using a new 'shipyard' feature that could "finish" the blueprint, or 'repair' damaged ships(including destroyed/missing blocks).

-Thoughts?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    DO you know if this is a feature or something that can be enabled in settings or config?
    It is not, not at this point anyways. It's probably buried in the code somewhere, but isn't something we can set. I imagine when loot-chests are added back in, it will be done is such a way that we could set it as well (probably after loot-clouds get fixed as well), same as the creature spawners that used to be on the old neutral stations.

this brings up the need for blueprints to also save what loot is in any cargo containers. so stations could have predetermined loot, and construction ships could have preset cargo loaded for future construction projects.
    I'mma say no to that. Maybe for a starting ship, but for any other ships, the amount of materials in the plex storage should count towards the Block cost of the ship (or else easy exploitation). If you have the blocks, you don't need it to spawn in a storage. Maybe I am just understanding wrong.

I like the idea of loot in chests on NPC ships though, something I've wanted for a while.

Reaction score
    It is not, not at this point anyways. It's probably buried in the code somewhere, but isn't something we can set. I imagine when loot-chests are added back in, it will be done is such a way that we could set it as well (probably after loot-clouds get fixed as well), same as the creature spawners that used to be on the old neutral stations.

I'mma say no to that. Maybe for a starting ship, but for any other ships, the amount of materials in the plex storage should count towards the Block cost of the ship (or else easy exploitation). If you have the blocks, you don't need it to spawn in a storage. Maybe I am just understanding wrong.

I like the idea of loot in chests on NPC ships though, something I've wanted for a while.
    oh no i totally meant that the cargo would count toward the block count of the ship, but also that you could spawn ships without all the required blocks. but those blocks you dont have dont spawn. so if you spawn a half complete ship, its REALLY only half there. the if we had like a shipyard system that we could connect to a block storage, and use those blocks to repair/complete the blueprint for that ship

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    oh no i totally meant that the cargo would count toward the block count of the ship, but also that you could spawn ships without all the required blocks. but those blocks you dont have dont spawn. so if you spawn a half complete ship, its REALLY only half there. the if we had like a shipyard system that we could connect to a block storage, and use those blocks to repair/complete the blueprint for that ship

Love the idea of factories or our cargo somehow filling out BP