Derelict Ship Spawning

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was playing on a Server a few months ago and every once in a while i would run across a small group of ships always the same ship design sometimes a few and sometimes a lot when i asked i was told they were derelict ships for anyone to take. So is there a way to get a ship Blueprint to naturally spawn in the game?
    if not there not should be it would really enhance the experience.

Reaction score
    Agree, I love this idea. To diversify it you could make it so when you're on the ship a few things happen I.E. pirate trap, bomb trap, safe and free to take etc.

BTW no not that I know of. Sounds like a mod to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agree, I love this idea. To diversify it you could make it so when you're on the ship a few things happen I.E. pirate trap, bomb trap, safe and free to take etc.

sigh wonderful im not the greatest at Mods

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4

If I remember correctly, the Shangri La made it onto the list of neutral space stations for the default game and looks like a derelict ship. On the other hand, the OP's description does not match the Shangri La.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If I remember correctly, the Shangri La made it onto the list of neutral space stations for the default game and looks like a derelict ship. On the other hand, the OP's description does not match the Shangri La.
    oh no this was months ago before the station contest was even a thing and even before the most recent texture update

Reaction score
    Ship graveyards would be a wonderful experience in StarMade. I love interacting with them in other games. +1

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Im actually going to random places on my Server and spawning in some battle damaged ships

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    This would be a good idea of how to get a slightly cheaper ship if the could spawn as decayed but repairable, though I am not sure if the repair costs right now are at the same cost as a new block for block or a partial cost.