deleting at speed vs placing at speed

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    SO, One thing I've noticed particularly with this fleet update is that it's impossible to place a block accurately with your ship moving at any appreciable speed, but VERY easy to remove a block with precision. Anyone know why?

A little background on why I pose the question: I'm docked to the mothership of a mining fleet, working on a shuttle for the set. While the fleet is moving between systems, I continue with my work moving power-lines back and forth trying to optimize my space vs needs. cutting out the old system goes off without a hitch, no extra holes in the hull, no computers deleted etc, but as I go to place a new line down the blocks spatter left, right, up and down from the area I am at with seemingly random seed, then I get to a point where it's IMPOSSIBLE to place one backwards because all 4 L/R/U/D spaces are full, but it keeps spasmaticly trying to place the new block inside those areas.

Is this some "balance" carryover to "stop people from combat building"? (like how holding CONTROL de-binding your camera from the moving entity was implemented "to prevent combat-deleting you ship while you're losing" and just hasn't been cleaned-out since the overheat system "fixes" the problem a second time.)
    Is this just some sloppy code on which block face I'm actually clicking on that's hiding 15 layers down the bugfix roadmap?

I'll go "invent the wheel" and track down any mentions of this in the bugtracker when I've got time to kill, but I'm curious if anyone already "invented this wheel" and can save me the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    wait... the holding control de-binding your camera was a "Feature" ? :eek:. I always thought it was some kind of bug ! I propose that "feature" should be removed.

As for the topic of building while moving, My best guess is that there is lag between the input, and ship position or something. SO it just assumes your not placing it where you actually are. Assuming its not a "Feature" (and even if it is) I hope it gets fixed.

Reaction score
    If you notice, your view bounces and teleports a bit around, so accurate placing is nearly impossible. Not sure about the deleting being accurate ... in my experience, it's not.