Deleted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Weekly Update - Saturday, September 20th, 2014

1. The votes have been made, and we are keeping fighters at 1:1 scale.
    2. @Syleiel is now the Events Director of the server. He will arrange events from podracing on Tatooine to first-person shooter games. Events like these will happen occasionally to give the whole team some time to relax and enjoy themselves. Official events will not start until the completion of the server.
    3. 1:1 Rebel Fighters are nearing completion. All credit goes to @Syleiel for the construction.
    4. The Confederacy of Independent System's faction has been testing the weapons on their proud ship, the Providence-class Destroyer. This is a 1:1 scale cruiser that is still under construction. The ship is currently being implemented with the logic system. Click here to see a picture of the Providence-class Destroyer testing their port-side firepower against the 1:1 Venator-class Star Destroyer which is also currently in construction. Picture taken by @rub3n213 .
    5. We are implementing docked shield generators on a capital ship. The mechanism behind these shield generators are through shield beams. The docked shield generators will constantly fire a shield supply beam changed by shield re-chargers onto the capital ship and constantly supply the ship's shield capacitors. If these shield generators are destroyed, the ship can no longer recharge its shield capacitors. This will become more effective for role-play and find a purpose for shield generators used in the Star Wars movies. All credit goes to @Syleiel for the designing.
    6. We are searching for an experienced shipbuilder who is inspired by Star Wars to become the Head Engineer of the Kuat Drive Yards. Message me, @AdmiralGialAckbar00 if you are interested.
    7. All factions are still recruiting and we are in search of admirals to lead our fleets in battle! Sign up today because these positions won't be around for long!
    8. Due to the closing of Gamespy, the server host network for many Star Wars PC games, we cannot purchase a server for Star Wars: Battlefront II. However, we have found a way to host a server for free with not as good quality. It will only be reserved for our community. For more details, message me or @GrandMoffTarkin for more details.
    Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger
    Alliance to Restore the Republic

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We are implementing docked shield generators on a capital ship. The mechanism behind these shield generators are through shield beams. The docked shield generators will constantly fire a shield supply beam changed by shield re-chargers onto the capital ship and constantly supply the ship's shield capacitors. If these shield generators are destroyed, the ship can no longer recharge its shield capacitors. This will become more effective for role-play and find a purpose for shield generators used in the Star Wars movies. All credit goes to @Syleiel for the designing
    Thats a very intriguing idea. Must adapt this to my new ships.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It's a very good tactic. Well done

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In-Game Name: Egon Hoch
    Email (For Registration): [email protected]
    Forum Name: RedBaronFlyer
    Desired Shipyard: Corellian Engineering Corporation
    Famous Works: None
    Why are you interested in us?: I enjoy star wars, and I wanted to work at a shipyard, and since I'm not a master builder I was going to work for someone, aka the manager of the Corellian Engineering Corporation's manager Beast1945
    Any other information we must know?: I am only active during the weekends due to school

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats a very intriguing idea. Must adapt this to my new ships.
    The main purpose of these shield generators is not only supplying the ship with power to re-charge the shield capacitors, but also having them be a key target for fighters on cruisers. It also adds more of an RP style to battles. Finally we can use the shield generators on an Imperial Star Destroyer's bridge for something useful. The placement of these shield generators will take some time, however there will be shield generators only on frigates and cruisers.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Don't beams docked to you go straight through your ship?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Are you referring to the spheres on top of the Star Destroyer Bridge Tower? I'm fairly certain those are communication or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don't beams docked to you go straight through your ship?
    No, these ones don't go through the ship since they are shield supply beams.

Are you referring to the spheres on top of the Star Destroyer Bridge Tower? I'm fairly certain those are communication or something.
    Yes, I am referring to the spheres on the Bridge. They are actually KDY's ISD-72x deflector shield generator domes. Here is a link for the description: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ISD-72x_deflector_shield_generator_dome

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In-Game Name: Egon Hoch
    Email (For Registration): [email protected]
    Forum Name: RedBaronFlyer
    Desired Shipyard: Corellian Engineering Corporation
    Famous Works: None
    Why are you interested in us?: I enjoy star wars, and I wanted to work at a shipyard, and since I'm not a master builder I was going to work for someone, aka the manager of the Corellian Engineering Corporation's manager Beast1945
    Any other information we must know?: I am only active during the weekends due to school
    Well, we are in need of shipbuilders, so application accepted! An invitation has been sent to your e-mail.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Would you mind if I joined up and recorded one of your battles some time?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would you mind if I joined up and recorded one of your battles some time?
    As @Syleiel mentioned above, the server is still under construction. However, when the server is completed and officially open, you are allowed to join our server at the times of the weekly battles and film them. Please private message me for more details and any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    How's the construction of the Imperial Destroyers coming? Would you like some help?

Reactions: ShawnR2000
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    It is currently about 1551 blocks long, which is just 49 blocks shorter than it is supposed to be. But in my opinion, since the ship is so big it doesn't really make a difference. If I get on the server later tonight, I'll post some WIP pictures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How's the construction of the Imperial Destroyers coming? Would you like some help?
    We would appreciate it if we had assistance with our ships, even including the Star Destroyer. If you are interested in helping us, please private message me and I can set up a conversation between you and ObiShawnKenobi.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In-Game Name:AAlexandrosTGreat
    Forum Name:AAlexandrosTGreat
    Desired Faction: The CIS
    Available time (regularly):
    Why are you interested in us?:Because i was one of the earlier members of the original star wars faction and want to see if the server will be more structured then it previously was
    Any information we must know?: I like to fly ships but i LOVE to build them.

Shipyard application

Email (For Registration):[email protected]

Desired Shipyard:CEC (But i can build for any faction needed*
    Famous Works:The original Nebulon B medical frigate, Current WIP of a colony ship, VIS DWV IMP COL and HEX
    subdivision fleetworks
    Why are you interested in us?:Because i want to have some sort of actual "drive" to get ships out into the field of battle as quickly and efficiently as possible
    Any other information we must know?: I like to build ships of any size with any amount of detail. I also like to bring is "boss" ships to spice things up a bit

-Alex

Reactions: ShawnR2000
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Desired Faction: The CIS
    Available time (regularly):
    Why are you interested in us?:Because i was one of the earlier members of the original star wars faction and want to see if the server will be more structured then it previously was
    Any information we must know?: I like to fly ships but i LOVE to build them.

Shipyard application

Email (For Registration):[email protected]
    Desired Shipyard:CEC (But i can build for any faction needed*
    Famous Works:The original Nebulon B medical frigate, Current WIP of a colony ship, VIS DWV IMP COL and HEX

subdivision fleetworks
    Why are you interested in us?:Because i want to have some sort of actual "drive" to get ships out into the field of battle as quickly and efficiently as possible
    Any other information we must know?: I like to build ships of any size with any amount of detail. I also like to bring is "boss" ships to spice things up a bit

-Alex

You are a well recognized member according to ObiShawnKenobi, and we could use someone like you. Application accepted! An invitation has been sent to your e-mail.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger

Reaction score
    Thanks agent, you should be a professional house maid! Jk, Im just applying.

In-Game Name: Sky_King
    Email (For Registration): Ill pm it to you, admiral if Im accepted, it has my name and I dont feel like posting my name on a forum just today after being tailed for 70 miles in a car...
    Forum Name:Mjjj
    Desired Shipyard: The Rebel Alliance
    Famous Works: None...Im not a great builder.
    Why are you interested in us?: I used to be admin on Obi's old server, were good starmade friends, even ask him :P
    Any other information we must know?: I cant go on the forums much, every other weekend Im completely offline.[DOUBLEPOST=1411753812,1411753616][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks agent, you should be a professional house maid! Jk, Im just applying.

In-Game Name: Sky_King
    Email (For Registration): Ill pm it to you, admiral if Im accepted, it has my name and I dont feel like posting my name on a forum just today after being tailed for 70 miles in a car...
    Forum Name:Mjjj
    Desired Shipyard: The Rebel Alliance
    Famous Works: None...Im not a great builder.
    Why are you interested in us?: I used to be admin on Obi's old server, were good starmade friends, even ask him :p
    Any other information we must know?: I cant go on the forums much, every other weekend Im completely offline.
    EDIT: Oops, I think I may have used the outdated one, can someone pm me the current format?

Status
    Not open for further replies.