Deleted pirate faction like a noob. Help!

Reaction score
    Alright guys, help me! I admin joined the pirate faction and when I left the faction it was deleted. Sure, I could reload the factions.fac from a backup, but the only backup I have is from the beginning where nobody had factions...

So while this has been a great reminder to do backups, I need a solution. Help! I have looked at every admin command and I can't actually edit the factions.fac file since it's jibberish in notepad++....

This is an old problem, so maybe this has a solution by now?

Thanks...... :P

Reaction score
    Sorry for my poor english, i hope that you will understand =D

I have deleted trading guild on my server but i managed to put it back, it works, so, it should work for pirates too.

Create a new world, edit the FACTIONS.fac file of this new world with notepad++, look for the lines about pirates. Then copy them but you can't do a simple copy/paste because this is binary language, so, look in the options, you can do some special copy/paste. You should find something like "copy binary language" (I use notepad++ in french, i don't know how it's called in english).

Now, edit the FACTIONS.fac file that you want to modify and do something like "paste binary language". As i can remember, the lines about pirates are in the top of the file.

If you speak french (never know) there is the link to see how i did : http://www.starmade.fr/threads/trading-guild-supprimée.3762/