Defensive computer effects

Reaction score
    This is pretty much my first time using them, so I guess I should ask for tips? XD

I was planning to add defensive modules:

Ion
    Piercing
    Stop <------Not sure if this would be much use :3
    Emp

Rest I didn't see any point in doing as its a Titan/Dreadnought Sized ship so I wouldn't think Pull/push attack on the ship would do anything.

My question(s) is Does the size of the ship effect how many modules are needed?
    And if it does, how many modules would I need to make all of the effects at top efficiency for a 350k+ Ship?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    The numbers in that graph are extremely out of date. Even the Wiki entry on defensive effects I believe is out of date and highly confusing. Sadly I do not have precise figures (hopefully somebody does), but I have the impression that defensive pierce and punch each require roughly 2.5% of the ships mass in modules and defensive Ion requires something like 10%. (I could be quite wrong with these numbers.) I simply add them as I am building and repeatedly test to make sure I am still getting the maximum effect percentages. If I drop below, I add some more sufficient to reach that point and cover most of the remaining blocks I still intend to place. This trial and error method does allow me to arrive at very close to the optimum ratio, whatever that is (I go over it by the tiniest amount).

Be aware that there is also an energy cost. The energy cost of defensive punch and pierce is quite low. The energy cost for defensive Ion is not insignificant, but it is a cost any properly build warship can easily bear, and well worth it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Stop is useful for planet based fighters, and planet mining ships. Otherwise there is no point in using stop unless you want to hide near black holes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    :3 Thats what I was planning to do XD
    Then you will love the stop effect. For large planet mining ships, it is a must.

I am currently making a "boarding power armor" that has stop modules in and radar jammers so that i can attack ships that get too close to planets without them being aware that i am hiding on the planet.

Reaction score
    Then you will love the stop effect. For large planet mining ships, it is a must.

I am currently making a "boarding power armor" that has stop modules in and radar jammers so that i can attack ships that get too close to planets without them being aware that i am hiding on the planet.

Though I would think it be slightly redundant to give a Combat orientated Dreadnought the ability to go near black holes.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Though I would think it be slightly redundant to give a Combat orientated Dreadnought the ability to go near black holes.....
    I want to build a black hole base, and arm it with push and pull beams, so that it throws attacking ships into the black hole.

I also had this crazy idea of a "weaponized jump gate", that flings ships into suns, and use push beams to push ships into it.

Reaction score
    I want to build a black hole base, and arm it with push and pull beams, so that it throws attacking ships into the black hole.

I also had this crazy idea of a "weaponized jump gate", that flings ships into suns, and use push beams to push ships into it.

Though I must admit a "Boss" Battle vs a Dreadnought near a Black hole/Star Seems good on paper XD