Default skins for multiple races and genders, for players and NPCs

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We're discussing it because we have a desire for multiple types of default placeholder skins. Thanks for having basic reading comprehension.
    Corrected :p :D

Agreed. I find it extremely hard to explain this to people. (Same goes with sex/gender). Though I don't entirely agree that ignoring race is worse than actual racism; killing people based on race, intentionally ignoring people depending on their race or actively refusing to help someone based on race is perhaps worse than ignoring people's racial identity but doing them no harm and treating them no differently. (The first three being racist, the last simply being refusal to recognize racial differences.)
    Which sci-fi movie is not based -as main or side story- on conflicts between aliens and humans, aliens and other aliens...

If peoples want to play the role of that alien or human species in a sci-fi game, they are part of racism through (not)helping, (not)ignoring or (not)getting chosen as faction enemy.

Even forum avatars may influence if you wanna see a post as sarcastic / ironic / personal-opinion or read it differently as it influences how you think about the post author.

Is it good? Rather no most of the time.
    Does it exist? Yes, for sure!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...I find this to be hardly a race issue; to me, it's merely a desire for some more pre-loaded skins, perhaps selected at account creation, so that everyone doesn't have to download a custom skin or look exactly the same as every other noob. Additionally, it's so that every trading guild member, hired crewman, future pirate NPC, or whatever else doesn't look exactly the same as every other NPC in that faction.

...Which I agree with.