Default jump drive distance cut by 25%.

Reaction score
    I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it seems that the jump distance has dropped from 20 km to 15 km.

Reaction score
    I guess I'm the only who think so, though it still seems a little short.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You can adjust it for your singleplayer (or own server) by changing a number in the starmade -> data -> config -> blockbehaviorconfig file.
    Open it up with a text editor (notepad++ for example) and adjust
    • <DistanceInSectors>8</DistanceInSectors>
    located under the jumpdrive section, should be near the top. Don't forget to save :)

Reaction score
    You can adjust it for your singleplayer (or own server) by changing a number in the starmade -> data -> config -> blockbehaviorconfig file.
    Open it up with a text editor (notepad++ for example) and adjust
    • <DistanceInSectors>8</DistanceInSectors>
    located under the jumpdrive section, should be near the top. Don't forget to save :)
    I know about the configuration options. My main motivation for this thread was to see if anyone else noticed an apparent change in the effective jump distance.

The actual in-game jump distance is based on a calculation that draws from more than just one variable. Sometimes someone will tweak a calculation and find it has unintentional consequences. And it just seems to me that the effective distance has changed even though the default is still 8 sectors... unless they decreased the default sector size without me noticing.