Default balance settings update change-log

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Basically what the title say, a FULL change-log of every balance change being made during updates would be really, really, REALLY nice. At the moment, we basically have to scratch our heads and try to figure out what has changed during the last updates, which isn't super productive.

This is a suggestion for the update process. No need to document every change that has been made in the past, just starting to do it for the next balance changes would be perfect.

Ps: This one is for you Calbiri

Last edited:
    Reactions: Thalanor

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Changelogs, like full changelogs is something that NEEDS to happen when this game goes to steam. Players will want them or we will end up loosing them. I have had no problem getting info on updates so far, but that's because I know where to look. The new steam players will be clueless in some cases.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh yes so much. This would considerably decrease the amount of times you'd have to cycle through all your ships and turret blueprints (!) to find out what performs differently and/or could need a revision update.

Just give us numbers, we love numbers, trust me. We love and adore all the numbers we can get. Whenever you change that hardcoded 11 to a 9, whenever you change that 50% percentage to 55%, whenever something makes use of an entirely new system, just give us the value(s) and possibly formula(s) and we will be very happy.

Chances are, if you stick to starmade for a year, you are probably a geek (I am), so you will like detailed information very, very much.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I personally can see every change in the config files. I use a diff program to check two versions, and that keeps me up to date, mostly. Because sometimes things will change outside if the configs, and then even I can't see what changed without testing every single system, which I'm not going to be doing every update, or any update for that matter.

Ao changelogs would be very nice, especially for people who try to keep the wiki up to date with the statistics.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I personally can see every change in the config files. I use a diff program to check two versions, and that keeps me up to date, mostly. Because sometimes things will change outside if the configs, and then even I can't see what changed without testing every single system, which I'm not going to be doing every update, or any update for that matter.

Ao changelogs would be very nice, especially for people who try to keep the wiki up to date with the statistics.
    What program do you use? I'm interested.