Decorative Weapon Aperture

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There should be a way to have a visible muzzle without exposing weapon blocks. How about a decorative block, that can be attached on the outside of your 5 layers of advanced armor? It's not very well drawn, but I hope you get the idea:

Weapon Aperture.png

Ideally, this could be linked to a weapon computer and would open (texture swap) when the weapon is fired and would also show a muzzle flash for cannons. It shouldn't be too weak, so it won't get shot off instantly.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    mmm, I see what you're going for, but can't you already do this just by building a "muzzle" as the armor? I mean, It's standard fair for me to build a "weapon looking thingy" as the frontal/side armor for any of my ships weapon systems...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    mmm, I see what you're going for, but can't you already do this just by building a "muzzle" as the armor? I mean, It's standard fair for me to build a "weapon looking thingy" as the frontal/side armor for any of my ships weapon systems...
    That's easier to do for bigger guns, but I find it very difficult to find a good looking solution for small ships and turrets.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So.... A door block with a round texture (kind of like the vent faces on FTL drive blocks)? And slaving door blocks to weapons to have them open while firing, and then close (a second later, maybe?) I think the existing door blocks would be fine, but having them linkable to the weapon block would be a fun new addition.

It would be nice for the game to move the muzzle flash effect to the outermost block when weapon blocks are covered.

Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So.... A door block with a round texture (kind of like the vent faces on FTL drive blocks)? And slaving door blocks to weapons to have them open while firing, and then close (a second later, maybe?) I think the existing door blocks would be fine, but having them linkable to the weapon block would be a fun new addition.

It would be nice for the game to move the muzzle flash effect to the outermost block when weapon blocks are covered.
    Not exactly a door, it wouldn't turn invisible, it would just change the appearance a bit, and that part is even optional.

Edit: Fixed typo (would->wouldn't)

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    tried pipes? how 'bout the various foliage? purdy stuff is, ya know, available if ya look :)