Decorative Idea: Chairs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Chairs

Now I know what you are all thinking, "Why chairs? There are far more important things" or its "Hell yes some decorative interior" I am here to argue the decorative interior side of this. Now before we start, most of the images below are just used for reference, as well as my sketches on a computer aren't great. (All in the spoiler)

So in the world of StarMade we can sit down on things, which is excellent, you don't see it in every game for some reason. Now imagine if we actually had seats! They would make interior work for ship bridges just that little bit better. Or drop ship bays like the Pelican from Halo. The little details always help a ship a lot.

So my idea is that we have two "types" of chairs. One of them just stationary. You can change the rotation and that is about it. I also had the idea of a swivel chair but it could only move left and right by sitting in it. (Like piloting a core)

The addition to hopefully sell this idea is that chairs have all the colours! From the standard black to yellow. If not the whole chair but the cushion part changed colour it would make the whole thing useful for every interior and it colour scheme.

I thought about crafting and it would be something that could fit in quite easily. As it would require say some grey hull and some kind of padding. I need to think more in depth with this bit.

So what are your thoughts? Please leave them below. :D

My bad drawing.

Random picture.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah cause about a year ago mushroomfleet had a livestream with the devs. they had 2 of them each lasting about 4-5 hours, and answered a bunch of questions including many suggestions that pop up :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Chairs is also the most suggested thing ever beside round planets and railgunz. Nice suggestion though, much better than "we need this" one-liners that compose the majority of suggestions.