Decorative Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, lately i've been seeing a lot of really neat ship designs. But what intrigues me most is when I see people making very creative interiors of their ships. The outside of a ship may look awesome but what about the inside? The part that your crew walks around in? For some people, the interior is just a place to stuff more shields but to others it's where a whole new kind of creativity begins.Why do you think Exterior and Interior decorators are two different jobs? Because they require two different mindsets on how things should look; Exterior is macro scale, Interior is Micro Scale. But unfortunately, those who are gifted with a mind for interior decorations are going to find themselves quite disappointed with the current state of the game. There is hardly any decorations.

I understand that the game is in alpha and that modelling and texturing would take beetle bear a long time so i'm not rushing anyone. But some interior design blocks would be fantastic right? Maybe there could be a whole new section of the shop for decorations; including chairs, small lights, "Control panels," beds, tables, fans, screens, signs, hologram tables, dim lights, the list goes on. There is a lot of room for improvement in this area and it would be great for schema and beetle bear to try to implement this. I think the impact it would have would be that more people would focus more on cool design rather that the most effecient weapons/shields/power management design. If you don't know what i'm talking about then take a look at JamziboyMinecraft's starmade videos and check out how he builds his ships.

Comment if you agree or disagree :)

Reaction score
    Well my thoughts on that might be more functional then esthetic but,

Captains Chair - Passager Chair also functions as a Ship Core used to spawn ships

Crew Chair - Passenger Chair plus allows them use of linked systems i.e. turrets, weapons, drones, etc.

Passenger Chair - block player can \"sit\" on(Player model sits on it , lets player cycle through ship cameras)

Small Lights, Dim Lights - this would be neat

Control panels - can be linked to other blocks allows control over linked systems, can be linked to Crew Chairs

Beds, Fans, Tables - not sure

Screens - work with Control Panels (will display data/stats), SD Cockpit (live feed), or just like Minecraft sighs i.e.. [r] To type message

Hologram Tables - new model/name/look for the Build Block, displays model of the ship its placed on, and/or can display hologram of radar data (shows what is around the ship)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There was a few scattered threads that talked about decorations, beds, lamps, I think I even heard of a working shower, cryotubs, prison bars, stasis pods, vents, pots, tables, chairs, desks, mini turrets, pictures...etc

Reaction score
    Why not just add them all?

i hope schema either adds them or opens up for modding........Hint...........Hint........

Reaction score
    You guys liked those ideas!? Im glad, and I know some Java, but with no idea where to start I can\'t implement any of them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the captain\'s chair idea, though not the first time hearing about, I still like reading comments people make and ideas on it. There was a thread I read that had to do with ship boarding with tractor beams and hull breaching and go inside the large ships and blasting your way through the enemy players to get to the core. One person had put that what if they had captain chairs and co-pilot chairs where your character can be seen sitting on the chair, and instead of shooting at the core you would just shot the pilot or capture him/her alive and such. That would make the game a bit more interesting cause in space battles you don\'t really try to hit the core but the pilot.

Reaction score
    Um lets not forget star wars ship destroying lol.

I.e Death star core.