Decoration blocks should not be dead weight.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As it is now, including very many decoration blocks on a ship just adds dead weight. It's not very much, but it's still something. In this game, decorated ships need all the help they can get.

There's a couple of ways to solve this.
    1. Make them weightless. This would work, but is extremely weird. It would also provide a free shield to hide where things are, which is imbalanced with the new information warfare concepts.
    2. Give them a small bonus, capped based on reactor size. The bonus could be reactor HP, or a slight buff to stabilizer efficiency, or anything really, as long as it justifies the extra weight. If the bonus were significant enough, non-decorated PVP ships might start including a small block of decorative blocks somewhere, which would be fine.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, this is why a lot of my PVP ships don't have decorative blocks or any weak useless blocks, except for maybe exterior.

Reactions: Dire Venom

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Agreed. Mechanically speaking anything that gives a penalty in one area needs to give some kind of a bonus in another. If a decorative block has weight, it needs to offer SOMETHING in return for that weight, otherwise it needs to be weightless.

I'd assume that at some point this would end up being a place for boosters to Crew, but that is a really long way off. Its not really a big deal right now, but it would be nice.