Decals and Logos

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I get that every ship can't have it's own texture pack that everyone can see, but what about this?

What if each ship could have an associated bitmap... maybe a single 256x256 bitmap that is encoded into the sment. That way ships could attach a unique graphic or faction logo.

Select the stencil tool. Rotate the stencil tool to indicate a direction in which the decal will be applied. Use advanced build mode to select 1 or an array of blocks. When you click to apply, the graphic is projected onto the rendered skin of the ship. The graphic can be removed from individual blocks with the repair beam, or by removing and replacing a block.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
    Well, doing your own logo with blocks is far easier for everyone's compatibility to the game. However I understand it can be hard to design a logo on a small craft. But I think your idea is not enough valuable for the work it implies. Sorry.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Well, doing your own logo with blocks is far easier for everyone's compatibility to the game. However I understand it can be hard to design a logo on a small craft. But I think your idea is not enough valuable for the work it implies. Sorry.
    Compatibility? what are you talking about? it would be the same as downloading a player skin file.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    While i do like this idea, i agree with Elladan, its not worth the work that would probably have to go into it.
    Also, this has been brought up before, and didnt gain alot of attention, so i doubt it will this time around either.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    what about use a item like a picture frame, and from there you could attach a .png file that goes with the blueprint.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hmm for a simpler implementation, how about a "logo block"? 1 of the six faces is a 1 meter square version of the logo. One face is the logo inverted. 4 faces are the 4 quadrants of a double-scale logo. That would, I think, be much less painful to implement.

Hmm. It might even be possible to associate the logo with a faction. Take over a ship and suddenly it's flying your colors.

Edit: Maybe include the star-made logo as a default for the block with the option to overwrite on a per-ship or per-faction basis.

Last edited: