Debate : Current spreading of the faction community : good or bad ?

The forumside factions are lacking a server hub. This is a good thing ? Or bad ?

• Good. I was hoping for that to happen since a long time.

Votes: 4 13.8%
    • Bad. I wish the old days came back.

Votes: 15 51.7%
    • I don't mind at all.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    A lot of times, if you move onto a new server, you'll find plenty of bands of asshats who think they're top dog. You get plenty of combat by hopping servers and shooting them down every few months, in the hopes of showing them the light of keeping up with the rest of the community.

I call it the Forumers' Burden. Go forth, eat asteroids and pirates, and subjugate the natives.
    Haha spent some time doing that as well, though dog-fighting established griefers gets boring as well, as they just go back to the shop, tap their bucket of unlimited resources from respawning roids they've been harvesting for months.. and you've really accomplished nothing other than making them lose out on 10min worth of time :(

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Haha spent some time doing that as well, though dog-fighting established griefers gets boring as well, as they just go back to the shop, tap their bucket of unlimited resources from respawning roids they've been harvesting for months.. and you've really accomplished nothing other than making them lose out on 10min worth of time :(

The best kinds are the ones who have community content ships just... lying around. Really takes the bite out of their bark when you "acquire" one of their flagships that they didn't put work into.

Honestly, your best bets are to keep an eye on when the larger servers reset their universes, so you know when everyone is back to square one. It's a lot easier to knock people down when they only have a couple months' worth of resources.

On the topic of this thread, Helkan and Thryn have, as Chev mentioned, settled on Hyper-Core. There's not much out there but wilderness and assholes, and the assholes are quieting down after being shit on by a faction that had only joined the day before.

If you want to shoot at people, I'm sure that HI would be happy to oblige you, as would we at Thryn. Just keep it civil, and I'll try to match whatever mass classes you guys are comfortable with using (as long as it's feasible with our current resource counts).

Reactions: Lecic

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hypercore is indeed teeming with server warbands that have no presence here on the forums. Helkan and Thryn have arrived to declare their domination on the native warlords.

Reaction score
    Yeah I had my time as a griefer.
    I had my time as a griefer killer.
    Now I'd like to see what a nice big formal WAR looks like. :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'd like to see what a nice big formal WAR looks like. :D
    Forum faction wars? Shouting in chat and lots (like, a metric f*ckton lot) of ego-stroking on the forums.

Combat against natives (am gonna start calling non-forum players that from now on) is where it's at, they usually don't complain too much affer dying.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A part of me really wishes there was just one really big stable server everyone played on. But on the other hand, I know there would be server rules and etc that not everyone would want to play with... As a ship builder primarily focused on combat, it feels very empty to make a ship as of late. Not easy to find a fun fight, or good sports to fight against. Maybe I'm just going about it incorrectly.