I suggest death star cores become like mincrafts bedrock
    • the death star core will have the maximum hp that is possible
    • It will have 99.5% armor if 0.5 is possible
    • regenerate 1hp/sec making it hard for people to destroy
    • can not be craft
    • only admins can spawn
    • normal players can use it
    This would make death stars useful.
    It will incessantly become a admin block.
    It isn't invincible and you can't get it by normal means so it wouldn't be Op.
    It would be easy to implant, just a few changes in block configure and maybe a new texture for it.
    The purpose of this suggestion is to make so death star cores have a purpose and i don't think the hp system would make them useless.
    what do you think?

Last edited:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Focus is going to be shifted away from hitting the core towards destroying the ship's system, which is a good thing. That will make this kind of obsolete.

Reaction score
    death star cores still work and I have placed them on a ship and changed it's armor to 90% and hp to 255.
    http://imgur.com/zIQjpzj
    It hasn't been removed yet.
    sorry, but that's what the wiki says. also,another unofficial wiki says that before they were removed, they functioned like ship cores, so what you did is impossible even if you had an older version.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    and what would the block be used for?
    MC got bedrock to stop players from falling out of the world, we dont have the possibility to do that.

And the death star block is still not a part of the game any longer in the manner of that it has no purpose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Not a bad idea in and of itself, but the applications would be pretty limited if it's an admin only block. What you described sound more like Neutronium armor or something, rather than "Death Star Core".

Going off the name I always assumed the Death Star Core would be some kind of important one-block-per-entity super weapon or something. Maybe a block that appears incredibly infrequently (to balance its power) in the Galaxy and cannot be crafted, which could be linked to a weapon system as the tertiary effect. Massive power draw and damage with a massive cool-down to match or something. Kind of boring, but I digress.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    you still want evidence here is more evidence http://imgur.com/ebjtnQj,7kElSl6
    look, you could show me a video for god's sakes. it says it right there in the wiki, wasn't implemented. acted as a core. could not buy/craft. what it looks like is you re-textured something, and it's not even the right color of the death star core!. when thalanor replied he thought you were referring to ship cores. the death star core is not, and most likely never will be, implemented. (at least in alpha/beta)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    wasn't implemented.
    Yeah it is. It's actually still in the game.

Try it yourself.
    Code:
    Giveid (player) 65 (number of)
    You can't place it in vanilla, but it is still in the game. Just go to BlockConfig.xml and edit the placable tag to "true". That's what starhaiden did, and I assume he also edited the stats to the way he said in the OP, thus the "easy implementation".

Just because a wiki says something does not make it true. In this case, it is somewhat badly worded in that the block is depreciated and the specific features were not implemented.

Reaction score
    Yeah it is. It's actually still in the game.

Try it yourself.
    Code:
    Giveid (player) 65 (number of)
    You can't place it in vanilla, but it is still in the game. Just go to BlockConfig.xml and edit the placable tag to "true". That's what starhaiden did, and I assume he also edited the stats to the way he said in the OP, thus the "easy implementation".

Just because a wiki says something does not make it true. In this case, it is somewhat badly worded in that the block is depreciated and the specific features were not implemented.
    pigman skin is still in the .jar file for minecraft. definitely not implemented or usable in vanilla though. that's the same way it works here. plus, according to the wiki. if it's not even placeable, you need an admin command to spawn it, and it does nothing, then in my opinion, it's not in the game.
    more yet, if memory serves, wasn't it supposed to be an april fool's joke?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    then in my opinion, it's not in the game.
    That's fine for your opinion but the FACT is that it is in the game. It's certainly depreciated and only available via command, but it is still there. That's the whole point of the suggestion, give a useless block a purpose because it is still in the actual game.

Unlike the pigman thing which I assume still has no model to use the skin, you actually can have a Death Star Core in your inventory.

Reaction score
    That's fine for your opinion but the FACT is that it is in the game. It's certainly depreciated and only available via command, but it is still there. That's the whole point of the suggestion, give a useless block a purpose because it is still in the actual game.

Unlike the pigman thing which I assume still has no model to use the skin, you actually can have a Death Star Core in your inventory.
    the pigman skin is actually the normal player model, so one would only need the script files in the .jar file. also, i know what you mean, but the point is that in vanilla, the core cannot be used. modding that file is, first and foremost, a mod.

I will, however maintain that it would be cool to have a death star, but the actual logistics of that would be utterly insane. the most i can imagine is a separate gamemode/minigame A la mushroom fleet, with a pre-approved death star designs. I don't really think there is any way to allow customized "death stars" as, keep in mind, the original could MOVE, albet slowly, thus making a starmade one a Borg cube on a gigantic scale it's simply to overpowered to be in the game. if you want a death star that bad, wait for skylord luke to finish his build of EPIC PROPORTIONS, then make it a ship. seriously, we have enough Borg cubes out there as it is, we don't need our system to encourage the idea another step with a core that makes them even more OP. I understand it's an admin block, but a admin block can still be given to other people to place. who gave them, and where they came from, are essentialy impossible to track. once the admin lets one or two into the universe, you can't track them without an obscene amount of poring over the server logfiles of chat, and even that might not work if they prearrange it through PM's on the forums or IRC (You wouldn't believe the lengths that people go to sometimes to break the rules). i appreciate the enthusiasm, but you need to think about the worst that could go wrong right now. in a lot of games, that didn't happen, and thus they died out. AoS is a good example. the game already had an overpowered weapon, and making it more overpowered didn't help. the 1.0 version died out very quickly, within a month, i would say at least 50% of the community (server and forum) had left. Jagex even rented the domain to an ad company for a month once to gather revenue. the last update was a reskin, and it was in October. anyhow, they still haven't learned with their new game, block and load, and you can see all the hilarious stuff and fuck-ups they do. meanwhile, the BnS community, which kept the old game running, is running a sort of controlled burn with the forums, and the player list is slightly larger than starmade at times. the difference is that BnS tired to move away from the overpowered field, which can burn games.
    TL;DR:
    this will really incite Borg cubes even more, thus causing most space battles to be reduced to who can get the most admins on their side, not people known for being good strategists and designers, which is the heart of starmade. isn't the point of most updates to really balance weapons systems right now, and thus make the game more about design, and not finding the most OP object? I'm really going to rethink my thoughts on staying with starmade if the community is just going to share Borg cube designs.

Reaction score
    because i am a sick person, i say its a great idea.
    so i made a googol ship in the game and started blowing up planets left and right
    what is wrong with me?
    why have i played this game that long?