Dave's Head

Reaction score
    Dave's head size / shape isn't the immediate problem, nor does the model look wrong amongst the SM world.
    What throws it all off is the fact you have familiar features drawn on a model where no correlating geometry exists ie, chin.

The skin shown is conforming to a traditional skull shape. The shape of eye sockets, the jaw, nose, etc are dependent on the skull shape. It's simply not been drawn as if the skull is cubic.

Herein lies my eternal struggle. I am caretaker and creator simultaneously.

I've been slowly replacing old artworks, creating new ones to solidify SM's direction and having to maintain some of our current assets to simply make do until we have the time allocated to overhaul it.

Little of column A, little of column B. The two are not mutually exclusive. The "default" designs are being translated into low res for those who didn't know.

As far as skins go (for ALL models), i'd like to personally change the defaults shipped with the game eventually.
    Makes sense. I pretty much knew that already, I think. Plus when the original Dave skin came out, the pixel pack was still in circulation so it made sense. Personally, I like the goofy geometry when stacked against my textures. I think we just need to embrace some oddities. Especially people like me that like to work in higher resolution.

What I meant by the default pack being in high definition, is that it doesn't meld well with the low resolution Dave skin. Not that Cartoony Packs can't be HD :P