Dave counterpart name Vote

Which namer would you like for Dave's Wife

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've made a new female skin. I had the idea of using the default Dave Skin, but I gave him a gender change operation. I didn't change much just basically his face and simulated some bumps on his chest to give him a feminine look. but the result was something that looks like Dave's wife basically.

we got another thread which we collected a few names for her, and now I'm making a poll to pick which one will be used for it officially.

well, it's finally time to pick a winner. cast your votes now.

Reaction score
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd already long since decided on a name for the female Dave: Daisy. This is due to HAL singing Daisy Bell in 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is the same movie that the name Dave comes from. Also, the name is very similar to Dave in multiple different ways while still being clearly feminine. (A few ways being having almost the same number of letters, both starting with same sound, and both starting with the letters "Da")

While there is no real female counterpart to Dave yet, any counterpart to Dave made by me would be named Daisy. She will not exist until/unless I truly make her, but the name Daisy can be used to refer to the female equivalent of Dave. It won't be a stylish marriage - I can't afford a carriage - but she'll look sweet on the seat of a battleship built for two.

Also, I notice you titled the poll as what should be the name of Dave's "wife"? Excluding the subject and implication of the song she is named after - which is what I was quoting above - she's not necessarily Dave's "wife". I certainly don't want anyone getting an image of her staying at home while Dave goes to work, though it might be fitting for the time period the song is from. Daisy isn't just a female reflection of Dave, she's her own woman. She flies her own ships and leads her own factions. Don't underestimate any Daisy. Even though the name sounds extremely feminine and delicate, Daisy is just as active and capable as any Dave. This isn't to say she isn't feminine, just that her femininity doesn't interfere with who she is or how capable she is in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd already long since decided on a name: Daisy. This is due to HAL singing Daisy Bell in 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is the same movie that the name Dave comes from. Also, the name is very similar to Dave in multiple different ways while still being clearly feminine. (A few ways being having almost the same number of letters, both starting with same sound, and both starting with the letters "Da")

While there is no real female counterpart to Dave yet, any counterpart to Dave made by me would be named Daisy. She will not exist until/unless I truly make her, but the name Daisy can be used to refer to the female equivalent of Dave. It won't be a stylish marriage - I can't afford a carriage - but she'll look sweet on the seat of a battleship built for two.

Also, I notice you titled the poll as what should be the name of Dave's "wife"? Excluding the subject and implication of the song she is named after - which is what I was quoting above - she's not necessarily Dave's "wife". I certainly don't want anyone getting an image of her staying at home while Dave goes to work, though it might be fitting for the time period the song is from. Daisy isn't just a female reflection of Dave, she's her own woman. She flies her own ships and leads her own factions. Don't underestimate any Daisy. Even though the name sounds extremely feminine and delicate, Daisy is just as active and capable as any Dave. This isn't to say she isn't feminine, just that her femininity doesn't interfere with who she is or how capable she is in any way, shape or form.
    Nice one mate, killed the poll. Could've let a man dream....

Reactions: Eelviny
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I'd already long since decided on a name: Daisy. This is due to HAL singing Daisy Bell in 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is the same movie that the name Dave comes from. Also, the name is very similar to Dave in multiple different ways while still being clearly feminine. (A few ways being having almost the same number of letters, both starting with same sound, and both starting with the letters "Da")

So this poll can probably be considered just for naming the skin in question then since the official dave female counterpart already has a name (even though she doesn't yet exist)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    no that's totally an acceptable and reasonable answer. I agree we should totally go with that one. Daisy bell is what it has to be. that done im posting the skin now i offer it to do as you please it was a fun project and I enjoy sharing it with you.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nice job Omni totally ruined the poll!!

Reaction score
    So this poll can probably be considered just for naming the skin in question then since the official dave female counterpart already has a name (even though she doesn't yet exist)
    Absolutely. :) Pardon me if I was a little too general rather than paying attention to the skin in question. Might end up having to take the poll's second place name, though, simply due to the nature of the poll and name.
    no that's totally an acceptable and reasonable answer. I agree we should totally go with that one. Daisy bell is what it has to be. that done im posting the skin now i offer it to do as you please it was a fun project and I enjoy sharing it with you.
    While the female Dave may be Daisy, feel free to give your own skin a name of her own. :) But regardless, thank you for your contribution to the community. The more, the merrier! Good work. :D

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    My imagination seems to consist of intelligent robots in place of humans, as the player does seem to be able to magic themselves back into the world on death... The credits lost would be paying for the reconstruction cost.
    But hey, that's just me. It would certainly get around gender issues.

Reaction score
    My imagination seems to consist of intelligent robots in place of humans, as the player does seem to be able to magic themselves back into the world on death... The credits lost would be paying for the reconstruction cost.
    But hey, that's just me. It would certainly get around gender issues.
    Well, in Minecraft there is technically no such thing as biological sex. All characters and mobs, even though Steve resembles a man, are technically neither male nor female by Minecraft lore. I thought that was an elegant way to address the issue. Then you just let modders add any actual gender if they care for it.

As for StarMade, you can certainly see them as robots if you like. :) However, there are certainly members of the community who would want a female model to be added eventually and would like a visible difference between genders. I do think such a difference would be a good thing to have. Just my personal opinion, though, not an official statement on future features of StarMade!

Reactions: RoyalWolfe