damage beam deeper color

Reaction score
    hi
    a few days ago I swapped some cannons with damage beams.
    usually I hang a color crystal to give the weapon some bling blings.
    and so I did with the damage beams...

and then they fired...

now I know im not totally color blind but .. wtf?
    the beams are white with a slight hue toward the color of the used light or crystal

cant we have damage beams just have the same coloring depth as the cannons?

I mean.. we already have white ^^

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Beam coloring is a longstanding issue that is on the dev's list.... somewhere. I imagine we will eventually get a big update for all the weapons effects, doing things like adding an actual missile to missiles, scaling cannon and beam size to damage batter, Ect.

Soontm.

Reactions: Nickizzy and kiddan
    Reaction score
    Beam coloring is a longstanding issue that is on the dev's list.... somewhere. I imagine we will eventually get a big update for all the weapons effects, doing things like adding an actual missile to missiles, scaling cannon and beam size to damage batter, Ect.

Soontm.
    Yes please. I want to see my doomcannon shots as the miss completely.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A bit different than OP's suggestion, but a low performance beam option would be cool. Instead of rendering a ton of those animated sprites, just a long rectangular polygon (same size as current beam) with whatever color is bound to X beam system. Low end PC players would likely benefit a lot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would be nice to have the size of the beam scale with damage too. Kind of underwhelming using beams as a main gun with 24k damage per tick and have that firing skinny little beams

Reaction score
    Would be nice to have the size of the beam scale with damage too. Kind of underwhelming using beams as a main gun with 24k damage per tick and have that firing skinny little beams
    Or have waffled outputs somehow combine to make a bigger beam with intensity based on total damage. Also, why 24k per tick? Super Ion Beam?

Reaction score
    Or have waffled outputs somehow combine to make a bigger beam with intensity based on total damage. Also, why 24k per tick? Super Ion Beam?
    But that's just a waffle anyways. you might as well make it work like robocraft with the damage spread system then.

Reaction score
    But that's just a waffle anyways. you might as well make it work like robocraft with the damage spread system then.
    I meant just visually; if multiple beam outputs are close enough together, draw only one beam but still keep the waffled block damage.

Reaction score
    I meant just visually; if multiple beam outputs are close enough together, draw only one beam but still keep the waffled block damage.
    That might look good. And increase the render distance a lot so you can see a megalazer from across a sector.