D1000 missile array problems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I'm working on a build project of mine and I've run into a snag. I have a setup of six missile groups comprised of ten missiles each, aligned vertically. Firing one group at a time, I'm able to fire one through three just fine. Groups four and five misfire invariably, and group six fires normally. The missile groups are arranged as such (as viewed from the ship core):

1 4

2 5

3 6

While testing, I did observe the misfire of groups four and five. I found that while the projectiles did indeed spawn, they did it quite wrong. I discovered that, rather than no missile spawning at all, all ten missiles in the group spawned underneath my ship core, a little to the side. These missiles appear to have no collision, and behave very much like they are supposed to, except for the fact that they are spawning in the wrong postion and arrangement.

Looking around on the forums, I was able to find one topic where someone was experiencing problems similar to mine, but considering the solution was to arrange the arrays vertically, I'm confident there's something else at play here.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that when I fire all four functioning arrays quickly, the whichever one is fired last only fires two missiles.

Anyone else experience anything similar? Any concrete solutions?

Reaction score
    Edit:

It seems that astronaut-flying outside the ship and then \"activating\" the exit point missile array spots with (R) takes care of this, at least it did in my case. BUT, this only works until i enter anopther ship core. I will try doing it and saving the vessel directly after. It could be that the engine did not select the most forward block but the lst placed one for one of the arrays.

Reaction score
    After saving the ship with working missiles, uploading design to server, disconnecting and reconnecting it\'s the same as if just changing ships : Missile spawning position is not correct anymore.
    Might indeed be a bug.
    Tested with arrays of dumbfire missiles, same problem.
    Arrays of service technician beams seem to have the same problem: (R)-clicking a specific element sets it as output, but that\'s also only temporal. However, firing this beam does end up in the beam firing as expected, when releasing the fire button though the beam fires once, short, from the wrong position again.