Customize gate distance via overdrive

Would people like to see this?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Couldn't care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I'd love to see in the future gates scanning on player request for viable gates within its max range.
    This could be handy if factions make alliances they could add an alliance block linked to the gate which allows allied factions access to their gate network.
    Gates and jump drives could also benefit from overdrive increasing scanning and distance range. would make it
    Better for long distance exploration if they ever implement gates on ships.(Destiny style).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This would be cool. For one, it would make warp gates a bit more like Stargates (anyone who's seen my builds knows how I like the sound of that).
    -
    For two, currently warp gates are a bit derpy. Right now they're a glorified change sector command that takes an annoying amount of time to set up, smart jump drive logic systems are probably more efficient to transport big ships than warp gates right now. Making warp gates able to select from a group of gates, and I actually REALLY like the idea of giving warp gates the ability to slave overdrive systems to extend range at the cost of power. Again, it'd make things a bit more Stargate-y again (gates going across very large distances cost massive amounts of power, but they CAN go across such vast differences).

Reaction score
    It would require a ship to have a gate control block or something to be able to access gates in the first place, This I think should be a ship entity not something you hold, so Not everyone can access gates unless they have a gate controller on their ship.
    The controller would need to be linked to your faction block. This would make for interesting networks as players could define in factions who has access to certain gates and and alliances could limit their interactions to top rank members of a friendly faction.

Reactions: hyarion