• Screens only

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hello,

Here goes nothing,

A new block that acts a a screen. When connected multiple blocks are connected together they automatically link and expand the screen size between the surface area of the blocks front face similar to a minecraft mod like this:

Possible Features:
    • Shows ship information such as
      • Shields
      • Power
      • Weapon systems
      • Speed
      • etc
    • Screens could act as radars/navigational info
    An example:

Another idea is an interactive function where you can put a computer block that can control multiple systems like doors, power, turrets (Thus not needing to put AI modules on them), etc. using the current logic system you could program the computer in a simple sentence based language to open doors. With this idea you could also use this computer as a navigational computer to "auto-pilot" your ship by setting coordinates.

Tell me what you think or could even add.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would only be useful if you wouldn't be able to sit in the core, and if you had to have a bridge of some kind.

Reaction score
    This would only be useful if you wouldn't be able to sit in the core, and if you had to have a bridge of some kind.
    I just think it would add some more customization. So passengers can also see this info and it adds some more detail into ships bridges.

I do believe that having a "computer" could make things much easier and add a ton of features

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Only if you had to build the logic system first, and then use the computer as a shortcut for all those systems, otherwise it would be overpowered, because you could theoretically set up those controls by using logic right now. Maybe a button and a switch that you would have to push could be created, and then the computer would need one button or switch for every function, depending on what you wanted that function to do. So: you create a function, name it, and then you would have to put a button or a switch in a slot next to that function after it has been created. That way it will just be a mass saver, and not that overpowered. Naturally, you would get that button or switch back when you remove that function, and you also would be able to use it as a standalone block that you could use in you logic system.

Reaction score
    Only if you had to build the logic system first, and then use the computer as a shortcut for all those systems, otherwise it would be overpowered, because you could theoretically set up those controls by using logic right now. Maybe a button and a switch that you would have to push could be created, and then the computer would need one button or switch for every function, depending on what you wanted that function to do. So: you create a function, name it, and then you would have to put a button or a switch in a slot next to that function after it has been created. That way it will just be a mass saver, and not that overpowered. Naturally, you would get that button or switch back when you remove that function, and you also would be able to use it as a standalone block that you could use in you logic system.
    Ok, I see where your going. It should be a mass saver, you should still have to do the hard work but use this as an interface is what your saying?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is correct. I think it should just be an easy to access feature that can control everything remotely, because I just don't think that building huge rooms in a ship to control everything remotely is a viable option.

One more thing: maybe cameras could be added? They would have to be connected to a screen, and multiple cameras could be displayed, depending on the amount of screen blocks the screen is made of. That way you know when to activate something.

Reaction score
    That is correct. I think it should just be an easy to access feature that can control everything remotely, because I just don't think that building huge rooms in a ship to control everything remotely is a viable option.

One more thing: maybe cameras could be added? They would have to be connected to a screen, and multiple cameras could be displayed, depending on the amount of screen blocks the screen is made of. That way you know when to activate something.
    I agree it would make things much easier to connect everything to one point